Chapter 39

[Harry's POV]

I couldn't believe it. He's here. Luke got him here.

Gethin was one of the leaders with much higher authority. He's been around for ages and ages, his stance full of wisdom. If he can, he could make The Masters his servants. How the hell did Luke manage to summon him? I've never seen him personally, but I've heard enough about him to know that if he is the one who knew about what The Masters have been doing, he would end them in a heartbeat.

"Where's Volten? He should be present in this catastrophe that you five have foolishly created," Gethin barked at them.

"He's.. he's dead, Sir," Cynthia said, her voice struggling not to waver. I have never seen The Masters so... terrified.

"How?" Gethin demanded.

The Masters exchanged looks, "I killed him, Sir." Gethin looked at Cynthia as if he was planning her murder, maybe he was.

"Volten had been a threat to a certain vampire, he was trying to kill him so we stopped him," Arnold justified. He was talking about me. I remember how me and Volten were fighting, before Cynthia had snapped his neck.

Gethin made no sound of acknowledgement, he walked further, "And may ask, what in the world is this?" He motions to the rampage of vampires gathered with me. 

"Ask him," Arnold snarled in my direction. "He is the cause of all of this! He had an affair with a human, disobeyed us like it is his proficiency, and now he's leading a revolution. He is a disgrace to our species."

Gethin, along with the others turned their heads to me. Sarah held the back of my shirt, caressing it softly to show me support. I stayed silent and immobile as Gethin slowly made his way to me.

"What is your name, young one," He looks at my arm, then at my face, inspecting the bruises from earlier. Did he just call me young one?

"Harry," I answer.

"You haven't been turned for too long, and you're already planning on taking down your leaders," He stated, his voice ending in a growl. He stood impossibly close to my face, inspecting me. Everyone around us was dead silent. "Where's your power?"

That took me off guard. "My what?"

Gethin clutched my throat, his long nails digging into the surface, his eyes widen a fraction when he realized I didn't have what he was looking for. He turned to The Masters.

"Where is his power?!"

"I-We took it when he was born," Arnold admitted, his voice dead quiet. I had powers? And they took it once I was turned? No one I know has powers other than The Masters. Unless they have been taking them from everyone... which explains a lot. I feel my eyes widen at the realization. Those bastards.

Gethin turned his face towards my direction, only this time he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at Sarah. He reached his hand to her throat to inspect her like he did to me. Her eyes widened and I quickly place myself infront of her as a shield, blocking her from Gethin. He narrows his eyes at me.

"She's a newborn. She still has a power, but they are trying to take it from her," I explain, "That's why we're doing this."

Gethin hummed in acknowledgment, still staring at Sarah. "What is your power, dear," He murmered. Sarah looked at me, silently asking if she should tell him or not. I nodded, he will know anyway. "Is that Rebuton Fluid I smell on you?" He asked before she could answer.

"Yes..." She answered quietly.

"It's a very rare one I give you that, though they shouldn't be taking it away from you," He said, strolling away from us and towards The Masters. "Have you been taking everyone's powers?" Gethin asked, eerily calm. He strided to where they were standing, his eyes turning a deep yellow, his fangs on display. Before Arnold, or anyone could answer, The Masters were pulled back on the wall by just a wave from Gethin's hand.