Chapter 19

{Harry's P.O.V}:

I sprinted towards the forest as fast as I can. I have been without a drink for a while and I got a little thirsty. I caught a woman and started drinking from her, trying my best to muffle her screams. This sound was now all too familiar to me. Screaming, blood, bodies, it's my everyday life.

After I was done, I remembered that I should head back. This whole process took me just about 2 to 3 minutes, and I promised Sarah I'll be back in 15. I have time. I headed way deeper to the forest, until I was in the secret area, where only vampires meet. I wanted to see the lads. They usually spend their Christmas there, and so do I. But this Christmas happened to be very special, and dangerous. I wonder how much in trouble will I get myself in if The Masters knew what I was doing.

I got there in no time, as I entered I put the human disguise in my pocket to hide it. They all looked at me as I entered, few human bodies were thrown to the ground, all skin and bones. Normal sight. I ignored the looks as I started looking around for the lads. "Harry?", I heard a familiar voice behind me, I turned around and saw Alex. "What are the hell are you doing here?!", He whispered. What? "I just came to-" "Get out of here, mate. Your name is probably on the black list. Plus, remember that Cameron and Miguel might be watching you. They stopped watching us because, well, we are where we belong. Here", He gestured around. I sighed, "So now you're convinced that you belong with them?". He shrugged in response, his voice much more quieter now, we both were trying our best to keep our voices to the minimum, everyone here had sensitive, strong hearing, "We're not humans anymore, Harry. You have to accept that, and you have to stop being an outlaw, hiding from your own kind for some.. human". He referred to Sarah. And I thought Alex was understanding... I tried staying calm, "She's not just a human, okay?! She's.. She's..", My mouth was out of words. I can't believe I'm not able to describe Sarah. Alex smirked in response, "I'll help you: She's just a human". I wanted to say something, but there was nothing to say. He wasn't right though. Sarah is not just a human. She's... Oh great. I can't describe my girlfriend. Way to go, Harry.

And it just crossed my mind, I haven't told any of the lads that she's my girlfriend now. They think I'm just dating her so far. Well, this can stay a secret. "Harry. Go. I told you before, you shouldn't be here", Alex repeated. I gave in with a long sigh, "Okay, I'll see you later". "Be careful", He stated, his voice firm. I smiled and nodded, then took off.

I finally made it back to Sarah's place in no time. I checked my clothes from any blood stains before knocking. Good, nothing. I gentley knocked the door and waited for response. I could've got in straight ahead, but I didn't want to freak her out just like I always do when I come in without knocking. I find her so adorable when she is confused by my behaviour. Her innocence is what sometimes kills me, how guilty I always feel when I lie to her just to cover up my weird behaviour. But I am forced to. I have no other choice. And how bad I always feel when I want to take her out for dinner then I change my mind, because sticking around humans is the last thing I want to do. I know I took her to the crowded carnival, and it was the hardest thing to do. Seeing all these people and smelling all the blood, and holding it all in. That's not all I'm thinking about. What did Alex mean by my name being on the black list? Do The Masters know about me? I don't think so, they would have captured me immediately. As long as they don't know about me, and I stick indoors, I'll be good.

But what made me feel so strange today? When we were slow dancing, I felt very strange. I have never felt like that before. I wonder if that was... love? No, I don't think so. Maybe that's just guilt. Maybe. 'Who are you kidding?', that voice rang in my head, "You have done all of this for her. And you don't think you have feelings for her? Bullshit". As much as I tried avoiding the idea from my head, it was true. I am falling for a human.