Chapter 18

Who knew the remaining 3 days will pass this quickly? Christmas started today, and the snow did nothing but increase and fall more rapidly. I glanced outside the living room window, it was 12:37pm, but looking at the weather, it looked like it was in the afternoon. It was very cloudy.

I sat down and waited for Harry to come back from God-knows-where. For the last few days he has been staying at my place for most of the day. He never tells me where he is going when he leaves. He doesn't leave to his house, because I have never saw his lights on. The more I spend time with him, the less I know him. Weird right? When I first met him I thought he was just another secretive guy, but now, I know it, I know there is something bigger than what I think... I really want to know what is it.

I was lost in my own thoughts I didn't realize he came back. I even got used to him not knocking the front door or anything. I felt the familiar cold lips kissing the top of my head. I turned around and saw him smirking, "Waiting for someone?", He purred. I smiled as he mirrored. "Where did you go?", I asked, knowing he wont answer. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest, and snuggled his head into my neck. His cold touch sent shivers down my spine as small goosebumps were formed in my body. This is the first time my whole body reacts to his touch. I really think I have feelings for him, and for some reason, it scares me.

"So, mom left me the decorations to decorate the tree.. and I don't want to do it alone", I smiled widely at him, trying to look as innocent as possible. "Well", He replied, "I would have helped you but...", He trailed off. My face dropped, I thought it'll be fun if we did it together. A smirk appeared on his face as he came closer, then all of a sudden, "RACE YOU TO THE LIVING ROOM!", and with that he ran away. I actually fell for that! I ran behind him in hope of catching up, but he was ahead of me without making an effort. I don't know how he managed to do that. Honestly, I liked the 'playful' Harry. His dark side that shows up sometimes shows up scares me a little. We both made it to the living room as he, of course, reached there before me. He stood infront of the tree, his hands on both hips, scanning it. I reached out for the small carton box that had the decorations in it, and handed it to him. "Let's start, shall we?", I smiled, "Oh, hold that thought", I added. He gave me a confused look as I turned on the small stereo on the table, Under The Mistletoe by Justin Bieber came to sound. Harry kept on giving me odd looks. I ignored them as I approached him slowly, giving him a cheeky grin.

"It's the most beautiful time of the year, lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer. I should be playing in the winter snow, but Imma be under the mistletoe. I don't wanna miss out on the holiday, but I can't stop staring at your face. I should be playing in the winter snow, but Imma be under the mistletoe...", the song played. Harry's features eased as he put the box he was holding earlier away. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. Our noses brushed as he stared at me, I couldn't figure out how he was feeling. His features were unreadable. "Can I admit something..?", He whispered. Without hesitation, I nodded. He hesitated, "I find this...weird... in a good way, I guess". Suddenly, I remembered the time when he said that he didn't celebrate Christmas. This, indeed, might be a little strange to him. I wonder when was the last time he celebrated Christmas. I didn't want to ask him any questions so that he won't snap at me and ruin the moment. This moment was perfect. I slowly swayed myself from side to side, encouraging him dance with me. He frowned confusingly, "What are you doing?", He asked. The song kept playing in the background. "Just do it", I whispered softly. Even though my tone was soft, he frowned at me, maybe it's because he was not used to anyone telling him what to do. I'm just guessing. At that moment, I knew what I was doing. I kept my arms around his neck and swayed my body, eye contact never breaking. I could feel how new this was to him.

"I've never been this soft", He muttered. He was referring to his attitude. I'm sure he's used to having everything in his own way, or he wouldn't have acted that strange. We stayed like that for 2 more songs, slowly and carefully swaying our hips, our arms around each other. I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent, I felt the familiar churn in my stomach. The second song finished and we both stopped at the same time. We stood our grounds as Harry brought his hand to the back of my neck and pulled my head closer.

After a few minutes of passionate kisses, we slowly pulled away. He smiled down at me as I mirrored. "So, where were we?", He smirked, looking at the carton box. Oh this is gonna be good.

I took out the first thing that I could grab from the box, looking at it, it was a long, red, glittery stripe. I tried attaching it to the tree but it would keep falling down. I put both my hands on my hips, frowning at it. "That's not how it's done, Johnson", Harry chuckled. He took the stripe and wrapped it around my neck as the pointy sides tickled my neck. I giggled at his action as I brought out another stripe from the box and threw it at him. He gasped, "How DARE you?!".

We kept on throwing the decorations at each other, except for the ornaments, because they were hard. Our laughs were louder than the music playing. "Hey, Sarah", He called. I looked towards him and saw him holding two red ornaments near his ears as earrings. I laughed at the sight and shook my head.

Few hours passed then we finally decided to quit fooling around and finish decorating the tree. "Oh, the star is missing", Harry pointed at the top. I reached to the final object left in the box, the sparkly star. I grabbed it and tried to reach to the top with my tiptoes, but failed. Harry chuckled at the sight, "Need a lift, shorty?", He smiled. With no effort showing, he lifted me with ease as I reached the top and chucked the star in. He put me back down gently as I exclaimed, "Wow, you're strong".

Finally, the tree was done. We both looked at it proudly as a happy sigh escaped my mouth. "That's nice", He smiled as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I nodded in response.

Before we knew it, it was 12:00am. Harry was about to leave, as my mom entered the living room. "Hey guys!", She greeted. "Hello", We greeted back. "Sorry I'm late. I had some grocery shopping to do first, then had some dinner with my hospital colleagues. That's a great tree you got there! Good job", She commented. "Thanks, Jenna", Harry smiled as he turned to me, "I gotta go, babe. Goodnight".

"Why don't you spend the night here?", I suggested. He smirked as he lowered his voice, even though mom has left the room, "Rushing things, Johnson?". I shoved him but he didn't budge, his smirk getting wider instead, "You dream big, Styles. It was just an offer", I reasoned. It really was just an offer...right? "Okay.. I just have to go somewhere, I'll be back in 15", He replied, running his tongue through his teeth. Without hesitating, I asked, "Where are you going?".

"It won't be long, I promise", He replied. Typical Harry, never answers my questions. Oh well, I guess I can wait 15 minutes.

****************************************************

Sorry it's taking me FOREVER to update. I've got a lot of things going on, I'll try my best to be faster. BTW, this chapter is really boring in comparasion to the next ones believe me it'll get better! Love you xxx

I changed the title back. I'm really sorry for the confusion. It happened. Stop talking about it.. I said... stop talking about it..

OMG you're still talking about it?!!!! Jk. Have a nice day everyone.