o n e

the day passed by as slow as ever, and by the time lunch began, i was exhausted.

thankfully, i only had two more classes after that, and it seemed they were a double period of english. ew.

it wasn't like i didn't enjoy english. on the contrary, it was actually my favourite subject. but we were getting a new teacher this year, and i didn't just mean swapping teachers. that meant the school were hiring a brand new teacher for our class. i just couldn't get the image of an old, balding, perverted man from my head.

i wandered around aimlessly at lunch, not wanting to join my friend, paris with all her squealing friends. a couple times, i passed the table that calum was sitting at, and each time he gave me that quirky little smile. i just decided to pretend not to see him.

i also passed the school asshole, michael clifford a few times, who would give me a creepy smirk and run a hand through his colourful hair.

when the bell finally went, let's just say i was more than ready to get out of that dinner hall.

each of the students in my english classroom had their own, separate desk, so i took the one nearest the window and glanced up at the clock.

i frowned when i realised that the teacher was late. what was up with that? how unprofessional must he have to be to be late on his first day of work at a new school? to keep the students waiting?

when i heard a bunch of girls squeal, i looked over my shoulder to see them puckering their lips and adjusting their breasts. i looked away in disgusts, but i have to say, my curiosity level did spike.

when the sound of books slamming on a desk echoed round the room, i was brought out of my trance. that was when i saw what all the tramps of the class had been literally drooling over, and boy, was he yummy.

he had blond hair pushed away from his forehead, and brilliant blue eyes, with the most exquisite, porcelain skin i'd laid eyes on in my life. i wet my lips slightly, the air having been knocked from my lungs. the teacher caught eyes with me and, to my surprise, gave me a conceited smirk that reached his brilliant eyes.

at this point, i knew he was expecting me to be like most other girls. to look down in embarrassment, cheeks burning red. so, i proved him wrong.

i smirked back.

the man bit his lip and laughed under his breath, turning his attention to the ladies in the back of the class, with their glossed up lips and their pushed up boobs.

ass, i thought. teach him to smirk at me.

"afternoon, guys," he spoke in a voice as smooth as melted chocolate, sending a course of shivers up my spine, catching me off guard. "i'm mr hemmings, and i'll be taking your english class this year. now, this is my first time teaching, so please take it easy on me." he paused to take the black ring pierced through his lip into his mouth and chew. "are their any questions or concerns any of you would like to ask me about?"

when no one raised a hand, he nodded and flashed the class a toothy smile, leaning back against his desk. he crossed his arms over his chest, and his ankles over each other, looking so very relaxed. wait, this was his first time teaching? i never would've guessed it. he looked in his element, and something inside of me respected that deeply.

"alright. now, since it's your first day back, i'd hate to throw you all into the deep end. so, let's play a game - so we can all get to know each other better," he said, clapping his large hands together and clasping them there.

i rolled my eyes. really? they still did this shit?

when all the females in the class bar me agreed a little too exuberantly, a conceited smirk graced his lips, making his dimples appear. i couldn't help but look disgusted. these girls were minors. it seemed mr hemmings really needed to be taken down a notch.

mr hemmings ran a hand through his fluffy, fair hair. "okay. so, in the game, you'll introduce yourself, before telling us three facts. two of them will be false, one of them will be true. we have to guess which one is the correct answer."

seriously? could this game get anymore stupid?

a sort of scoff escaped my mouth. i wasn't trying to be rude, i could barely help it.

the young teacher caught eyes with me, narrowing his baby blue ones. "do you have any problems with this?"

i smirked. "no. just thinking that this game couldn't get any more pointless."

he sarcastically blew a breath through his plump lips, looking up towards the sky and placing a hand over where his heart would be. "well, i am sorry if this doesn't live up to your standards. but, if you fail to partake in my game, you will find yourself in a lot of trouble. you don't want that, do you, miss. . .?"

anger boiled through my veins, and i didn't bother to fill in my name where he had obviously meant for me too. how dare he threaten me?

"now, i'd like for you to first," he smirked, placing his hands on the desk behind him and leaning back.

i opened my mouth to say something when a genius thought crossed my mind. i nodded, trying not to laugh out loud and stood up, smirking evilly and looking straight at mr hemmings.

"well, let's see," i said. "my name is natalie clark and," i tapped my chin as if thinking, "one, i'm part of a secret alien organisation threatening to kill earth. two, i live on the moon. and finally, three, i'm allergic to bullshit." i paused to gauge his reaction. "mr hemmings, why don't you be the one to guess which one is true?"

***

oooooh, sassy.

question: thoughts of sounds good feels good?

i freaking love it. :)

please don't be a ghost reader! love u all. x