t h r e e

my eyes widened a little at the text.

natalie: who is this?

it was true, i had given many of the boys at my school my phone number, and it had probably been passed around the place and written in the toilets, so it wasn't unusual for me to receive obscene texts from unknown numbers. i wasn't worried, so much as curious to know who i'd be sending pictures of my tits to, to be honest.

unknown number: it's a secret, baby. ;)

i rolled my eyes. maybe he thought i found it hot? i couldn't think of any other reason that this guy would want to keep his identity secret.

natalie: don't give me that bullshit. seriously, who is this?

a text came back almost immediately, and i frowned at it.

unknown: it's michael.

natalie: michael who?

michael: michael clifford.

i smirked slightly, shaking my head. michael clifford was the school's asshole, a guy i'd never even come close to having sex with.

i wondered where he'd gotten my number. from one of his idiot friends? from another guy? from ashton?

natalie: oh, hey michael.

michael: hey, natalie.

natalie: can you give me two seconds?

michael: sure.

i placed my phone down on my bed and practically flew out of my room and down the stairs, thrusting the money into a shocked sayid's hands and racing back up the stairs. i picked my phone back up and stepped into my bathroom.

natalie: i'm back. ;)

michael: good. send me a picture babe.

quickly, and with a devilish smirk, i slipped out of my flannel and threw it to the floor. i had on only my white bra now, covering my large breasts. i had always had a large chest, and when i was younger i was always having to purchase new bras to accommodate my growing breast size.

reaching around, i unclipped my lacy bra and let it fall to the floor with a 'plop'.

it took me a while to get a decent picture that my boobs looked good in, but when i had, i sent it with no hesitation. this wasn't the first time i'd done this.

i made sure to crop everything below my breasts out of the picture, for i was very self conscious of my body. i'd never been the skinniest girl around, and though i'd grown into myself a little bit more, i still hadn't achieved a perfectly flat stomach like most of the other girls in my year.

michael: nice.

i twisted my mouth into a disgusted grimace. 'nice'. how polite. how romantic.

i walked walked back into my room and placed my phone on my bed with a sigh, flopping back onto it and staring up at the ceiling.

sometimes i wished i'd never started this stupid slut act. it made me feel ashamed and dirty and like i wasn't worth anything. sex was supposed to feel amazing, to be intimate and important, but i just handed it out to any guy who had an extra ten-dollar-note stuffed in his pocket.

but then again, it paid for my hotel room, therefor keeping a roof over my head, and that was, at the time, the only thing that mattered.

i got up and headed back into the bathroom, putting my bra and shirt back on, before grabbing five-dollars-in-change and heading out my hotel room door again.

sayid gave me a small smile as i passed and i timidly waved back, heading out onto the streets.

i just needed a cigarette - a few cigarettes - to calm me down. i was having a weirdly bad day, and i needed to make my anxiety go away. apart from getting outrageously drunk, the only thing i could do was breath in the nicotine filled smoke of a cigarette until i felt numb.

the shop round from the hotel i stayed in was lit up in the night, and i stepped inside, heading towards the drink racks. i needed a bottle of something. anything.

as i was deciding between two different brands of beer, i felt someone tap my shoulder. i jumped round, slightly scared, to see a smiling face.

"hey, stranger," calum said, running a hand through his black hair.

or maybe it wasn't black, maybe it was dark brown? like a really dark brown, that really complimented his features and made his eyes stand out-

calum snapped his fingers in front of my face. "natalie? you home?"

i blinked twice and giggled. "hey, calum."

calum laughed slightly. "what brings you here, natalie? i've never seen you around this area."

i shrugged, smiling. "maybe you just haven't noticed me."

calum smiled back, his eyes lighting up. "no. i would've remembered you, natalie."

a smile stretching my face, i reached out and jokingly hit him on the arm. "shu'up," i laughed.

calum laughed before glancing over his shoulder. "i should really get going. but i'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"okay," i smiled slightly. "see you tomorrow, calum."

he gave me a tiny wave before turning on his heel and walking away.

i held my breath until he was completely gone, before turning round and grabbing the bottle of beer. i purchased that, and a pack of ten cigarettes. once outside the shop, i pulled out one of the cigarettes and lit it, bringing it to my lips.

the taste was indescribable. it was truly disgusting, but for some reason, as soon as the smoke hit the back of my throat, i felt a hundred times calmer. i slowly lowered the cigarette from my mouth, blowing the smoke out into the night air.

it took me five minutes to finish the cigarette, after which i dropped it to the ground and dug the heel of my shoe into it to put the fire out.

it was pitch black by then, so, as i headed home, i cranked open my bottle of beer and let the cool, bitter liquid drown my many fears.

***

fun fact: i was writing this in the car and hey everybody! came on the radio and i put it up full blast and started singing like a nutter lmao.

question: cake, cashton, lashton, muke, mashton, or malum?

i'd probably have to say. . . muke?? idk it's just so real hahaha.

please don't be a ghost reader! love u all. x