e i g h t

everything in me told me to put a stop to this, but everything in me also told me to keep going. it just felt so right, standing there, in a classroom, kissing my english teacher, running my hands through his blond hair as he traced his nails over the small of my back.

just as i was getting into it, just as i was getting used to the butterflies in my stomach and the fireworks in my head, he pulled away. i whined at the loss of contact, opening my eyes to see his own filling with regret.

"natalie. oh, my god, natalie. what have we done?" he whispered, moving away and pulling at his hair, pacing the room. "god, i'm a monster."

i shook my head. "i wanted it, mr hemmings. i kissed you."

"god. you're underage. that was so wrong of me." he stopped pacing, looking up at me. "please, natalie, don't tell anyone. please, please, don't tell anyone."

i stepped towards him, trying to calm him down, and took his large hand. leaning in, my heart beating rapidly in my chest, i kissed his cheek, making him close his eyes and freeze. "sir. i'm not going to tell anyone. i give you my word."

he nodded, never once making direct eye contact with me, and walking over to his desk, taking a seat. he picked up a pen and began scribbling on a piece of paperwork, causing my mouth to drop open.

"so that's it?" i said, grabbing his attention. "you're just going to kiss me and then-"

mr hemmings put his hand up, stopping me. "please, natalie. i'm ashamed. i need to sort my feelings out. if you have any respect for me at all, you will leave. just give me today."

i swallowed once, trying not to feel hurt, and nodded. as i left, i closed the door gently behind me.

i threw myself against the wall on the right hand side of the door and took a deep breath, closing my eyes tightly.

what the fuck just happened?

that was the weirdest fucking five minutes of my life. that was a dream, right? i hadn't just kissed my english teacher. there was no way.

i took off towards the toilet, throwing open the door and heading straight over to the mirrors. my lips were swollen and slightly purple from the kiss, my cheeks flushed.

so it had happened, then.

what the fuck?

my heart pounded in my chest and i used a shaking hand to reach out and turn on the tap, splashing my face gently with the water. the way the coolness hit my mouth reminded me of mr hemmings' lip ring massaging my lower lip, and i bit the area the metal had been pressed against.

the bell rang, signifying the end of the period two, and i froze as i realised i had maths next.

maths.

calum.

how could i have been so stupid as to kiss someone - especially my freaking teacher - the day after having crazy, amazing, hot sex with calum? what was i? some sort of idiot?

i attempted to calm my raging nerves as i walked to mr cunningham's class and stepped inside. calum was already sitting up the back, tapping a pencil against the table as though he were bored out his mind.

his eyes lit up when he saw me and i offered him a small smile and wave. he beckoned me to the back of the class, and i took the seat next to him.

"hey," he said, grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers.

i looked down at our hands, how his tanned skin contrasted with my paleness, and found it in me to smile slightly.

"hi." i answered, leaning in and giving him a soft kiss on the cheek.

maths passed by in a flash, and calum never let go of my hand once. i was tempted to tell him about the kiss a few times, but then i realised no one should know. who would it help in the long run? i'd lose calum, and mr hemmings would lose his job and, most likely, be sent to jail.

as we packed up at the end of the period, calum turned to me. "do you remember the way to my house?"

i nodded, smiling. "of course i do, calum."

"do you want to come over tonight? just to hang out?" he asked with a grin.

i giggled quietly. "and what does 'hang out' mean?"

he leaned in close, so his breath tickled my ear and almost caused me to moan out loud. "whatever you want it to mean." then he kissed my pressure point, the space right behind my ear.

i smiled and watched him walk away, but as soon as he turned his back to me, my grin dropped.

we weren't even officially together, and i'd already cheated on him. with my english teacher. nice. great.

i walked slowly to my next class, ignoring the stares i was still receiving after the leaking of my nudes. as soon as i sat down in french, my phone beeped, and i glanced down at it.

calum: hey x

he sent me a kiss.

natalie: hey yourself x

calum: i'll have to meet you a little later than planned, that okay? x

natalie: sure. is everything alright? x

calum: yeah, but i just punched that michael asshole in the face x

my heart beat increased rapidly and i quickly glanced up at my teacher, who was now explaining something to do with 'past participles' or some piece of shit like that.

natalie: god, are you okay? why did you punch him? x

calum: i'm fine. but he has a broken nose. the punk deserved it, he was talking shit about you x

natalie: calum. i don't want you getting into trouble over me, it's really not necessary x

i couldn't help but smile. he'd gotten into a fight over me. though it was kind of messed up, it was also sort of sweet in a way. i just hoped he didn't get in any sort of serious trouble.

calum: i have to go. talk later xx

natalie: see you soon xx

my lips stretched into a grin, and i awaited the end of the day, when i could finally see calum again.

***

ok so a lot happened in this chapter. :)

question: do you ship nuke or catalie?

i mean this is a luke fic so probs nuke but then again calum is v cute so idk. legit dek anymore lmao.

please don't be a ghost reader! love u lots! xx