Chapter Eight

Y/N was worried. Today was the day that she actually had to talk with Jack (Since when was she so casual with him? Jack Frost was how she would refer to him as) No exceptions or excuses. No way out of it.

It made her feel nervous and worried, and that feeling was something she hated. Despised. She needed to be strong and unshakable, yet here she was, nervous and worried, because she had to talk to someone.

Granted, she did offend him, and she regretted that, but she had no idea what to do, or what to say...

She felt hopeless. Or maybe that wasn't the right word. Vulnerable. It wasn't a new feeling per-say. It had been years, centuries since she'd felt that way. And the feeling wasn't welcomed kindly- especially since it decided to come with a few others- namely regret and sadness.

Y/N knew she wouldn't make the same mistakes again, yet she was scared of Jack. Why? She had no clue. Sure the guy was nice and all,  even if he could be a pain in the ass sometimes, but what was there to fear? There was nothing underlying that was there?

She scoffed to herself before she even finished the thought. Even if there was something, she would ignore it.

God, she needed to get away from her thoughts. Even if they were all she had during the years of loneliness, she couldn't stand them now. She needed to control herself, and quick. She'd have to talk to Frost soon, seeing as soon was a couple of minutes.

To calm her nerves, she took a deep breath, intaking the smell of burning wood and sugar cookies. She had to admit, North's workshop was cozy. So cozy. She couldn't help herself from loving the place in its entirety. The architecture, the liveliness, the smell- it was amazing. If she got to spend some time here being a guardian, hell, she wouldn't mind it at all, if not for everyone getting in her face. Sandy and Bunny were the only ones who understood the meaning of personal space. Was it so tough to give a girl some space?

The sudden chill that made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end signified Frost's entrance. Honestly, Y/N couldn't help but wonder why he even tried to sneak up on people. His presence was so obvious.

"Frost," she greeted, her voice almost as cold as her expression.

The boy behind her chuckled halfheartedly, before speaking. "And here I thought that we'd made it to a first name basis, Y/N."

Y/N turned and faced Jack, her stare frighteningly angry. She could tell Jack was uncomfortable, but the words that came out of her mouth surprised both her and Jack. "Listen, Jack, uh," she paused, averting her eyes from his, suddenly feeling uncomfortable and vulnerable. Why did he make her feel this way?! "I'm sorry about yesterday, I was really angry, and I said some things I didn't mean."

When she directed her gaze back onto Jack, her cold expression twisted into one of confusion as she saw him with both brows raised, looking as if he was about to laugh. "Why is this funny?" she sputtered irritably.

"I knew that, Y/N," he chuckled. "You've got a habit of getting too angry. I thought I'd told you to loosen up! I guess that only made you more uptight!" he teased.

Y/N's face turned slightly red in her frustration, but she took a breath and held the bridge of her nose between her fingers. "I guess you're right. Just stop pushing my buttons. Its not funny." She huffed, now avoiding eye contact more that before. Damn this boy. Why did he have to be so unpredictable? He was so hard to read and he always acted in ways she'd never expect. He was so childish sometimes, yet mature other times. She never knew what he was going to do next. Couldn't she catch a break?

"Whatever you say." Jack said, ignoring her evident irritation. Sometimes he was as cool as the snow he brought. But it was fitting. He was Jack Frost after all.

If Y/N had control over any element, she was sure that she would be fire. Her anger sometimes completely controlled her, and her personality could be so fierce. Hot headed was a world that definitely suited her.

And everyone knew that fire and ice never mixed well. Not without one completely destroying the other.

___________

Wow, okay. Its been a long time since I've written a chapter. Im sorry about that, but I have been in no state to write. Ive been dealing with an incredibly hard period of my life, and its nowhere near over. I can't guarantee a new chapter very soon after this, but I'm trying to continue- I really am! Its just really hard to do just about anything when you lack motivation, or in my case, have none left.

I hope you all can forgive me.

-DisneyBabes