Chapter 16: Beware darling

Faintly awake, I blinked my eyes open just to find myself in a large wooden room. My sight slightly got better and I tried jerking myself up, but unbelievable pain suddenly hit me. My head was pounding, making my eyes watery. The memories slowly kept coming back at me. I remember what happened, but I have no idea how the hell I got here. Standing up, I slowly walked towards the door, but in one swift motion it opened making me jump in fear. I blinked a few times, but I couldn't believe my own eyes. In front of me was standing Tyler, with from what I saw, had an apologetic look on his face. Did he do this to me?

  "Alex," Tyler whispered as he got in. ", are you okay?" His voice a bit louder now. I took a step backwards, still in shock. I haven't seen him in two months and now, just thinking about what he might did was making my hands slightly tremble in fear. I knew what he was capable of. He didn't change much though, just his hair was a longer going straight upward and he has grown a a bit beard.

  "It was you wasn't it?" I asked, my voice shaky. I didn't intent for it to come out so weak, but I couldn't help it. I knew him. And he said it himself. He gets what he wants and doesn't take no for an answer. That obviously stands for everything.

  He took a deep breath, and looked like he didn't have an answer. "Alex, I-," He mumbled taking a step towards me. It was all clear now. He's the one who knocked me out. But just the thought that he's maybe still working with Derek made my heart beat rise in fear. I couldn't believe him.

  "Oh, gosh," I put my hands on my mouth. Tyler reached his hand towards me, wanting to touch me and opened his mouth to say something, but I moved away. "Stay away from me!" I shouted with a shaky voice as a few tears escaped my eyes, rolling down my cheeks. How many times is he gonna do this to me? How many times is he gonna break my heart? Suddenly, I had the unspeakable urge to get out of here. To get from him as far away as I can. I started looking around, wanting to walk outside the door, but he grabbed me by my shoulders, not letting me move. "No, let go! Tyler, please,-" I yelled, trying to push him away, but he was too damn strong.

  "Hey! Hey, Alex!" He shook me slightly, trying to make me snap out of it, but the tears kept coming out and I couldn't calm myself. I couldn't go through it again. It wasn't an option. "Hey, look at me! Look at me," Tyler calmed his voice as he put his hands on both sides of my head making me look directly in his eyes. In one sudden move, he grabbed me tightly into a hug. My hands now on his chest along with my head, as a few sobs escaped me. My breaths were short and shaky, but he rubbed circles around my back, making me calm down a bit. I still didn't trust him though.

  I slowly pulled away, as I glanced right in his dark nut-brown eyes. "How could you Tyler? You knocked me out!" I said, now aware of what happened.

  He sighed, looking frustrated, but didn't wait long until he answered me. "I didn't have a choice, okay?! You didn't want to listen to me when I called you and," He stopped for a second. ", Alex, you're still in danger. Derek's still out there." He calmed his voice while I stared at him with wide eyes. That reason wasn't good enough.

  "Yeah, I'm aware of that Tyler, thank you." I said as my voice got more confident. "But I was perfectly safe at home," A sighed escaped my mouth. ", and if Derek wanted to find me, don't you think he already would by now?"

  "No one knows what Derek's up to. And seriously Alex? You were safe at home? Just because your father put zillion of cameras around the house, didn't stop me from kidnapping you, did it?" He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at him, and turned around, crossing my arms to my chest. I knew he was right, but he still didn't have the right to knock me out like that.

"Whatever, Tyler, just take me back. Please." I muttered and faced him, as we were just a few feet away from each other.

He clenched his fists and squeezed his teeth as anger was the only emotion I could recognize in his eyes. " I can't do that. It's not an option. Now stop acting like a fucking baby, and try realizing the danger you're in. I'm doing this to protect you, and I did not come back all the way from California for you to turn your back on me again." Tyler said trough his teeth, trying to stay in control. I pissed him off, but how could he possibly find the right to be mad at me? I'm the one who should be mad, not him. I sat on the bed and took a deep breath. It was happening again. All of it; like a déjà vu.