Chapter 19: Devil wears prada

The second I saw her, I knew exactly who she was. Speak of the devil. Lora White. I really didn't need this right now. A huge smile spread across her face. "Oh my god! Tyler?" She squeaked and walked closer. I looked at Tyler and he had a confused look on his face, yet he was almost smiling.

She walked to him and gave him a tight hug as he let go of my hand, hugging back. I instantly felt an unpleasant turn in my stomach as I took a step back. Seriously? Did she not see me or something? "Lora," Tyler said pulling away. "What are you doing here?" He looked at her while they were still too close.Ugh.

"Visiting my mom." She gave a simple answer. They looked into each other's eyes so deeply, making my stomach sick. After a few seconds, Tyler snapped out of it, remembering me.

"Oh. Lora, this is my girlfriend, Alexa." He gestured and then slowly pulled me closer by my waist. I'm surprised he didn't introduce me as a friend.

Lora almost looked like she didn't know what he was talking about, until Tyler pulled me closer. "Oh, hi." She said, reaching out a hand to shake. I faked a smile and shook her hand, not bothering to say anything. Not that I was jealous or anything, but she seemed like an unpleasant person to be around.

~

We spent the past hour with Lora, since she was also in the mood for a walk in the park. Tyler and her talked mostly about business crap, while I felt like a third wheel. I was 3 years younger than them and of course, I didn't have a job. I was still a freshman in college for gods sake, while they were seniors and yet working in big family companies.

It was almost 6 pm and Lora finally decided to leave, yet Tyler kept saying that it was okay if she stayed longer. Was he serious? The way he acted since he came from New York was now getting worse, and it was all clear now. It was because of Lora. He obviously still wasn't over her. While I on the other hand started questioning myself if I loved him. I felt so stupid. Of course he didn't feel anything for me. I mean why would he. He already had her. The blonde barbie who was 10 times prettier and hotter than me. I bet if she gave him one simple call he would leave me and run up to her.

Since it was winter and the day was shorter, it was useless for us to spent more time in the park, so we decided to go home and get ready for the date. Going on that date was the last thing I wanted right now. I wanted to talk to Tyler- more likely to give him a piece of my mind, but I still wasn't sure if I was right. However, the way they acted in front of me was totally inappropriate, making me feel invisible. I couldn't believe him.

After the few minute ride in the car, Tyler was in a "surprisingly" good mood, asking me questions about our date tonight. I did my best not act too cold with him, but he was just getting on my nerves. He pulled over in front of my house. "Are you okay? You seem distracted?" He asked, leaning closer and touching my hair. The idiotic smile still on his face.

"I'm fine." I said looking down, trying to escape eye contact with him. If I looked him in the eyes, I knew that I was gonna give in.

I was surprised he didn't notice that was a lie. Whenever I was stressed about something- my dad or whatever it was, Tyler was the only one who noticed that. And now.. "Okay," He leaned closer placing a butterfly kiss on my cheek than moved to my lips. His lips were soft and moist, making me crazy for kissing them, but I couldn't. I just wasn't not in the place for that right now.

I slightly pulled away, leaving him on that same spot where I was before. He opened his eyes. "What's wrong, babe?" His voice quiet, talking over the slow music from the radio. I sighed. I wasn't even in the mood to fight right now.

"Nothing, I just," I stopped, thinking what to say. "I'm just tired, that's all."

Tyler looked a bit worried now, but his mood was still on the highest. "Are you sure you're okay?" He put his hand on my cheek, gently making small circles with his finger. That one simple move, his touch, made my heart flutter. But at that moment I hated that feeling. That weakness toward him. I moved his hand from my cheek and offered a weak smile.

"Yes," I said quietly, before smiling to him again and opening the door. Tyler looked confused, frozen on the same spot, but I turned my back at him and walked in the house. It's not that I was that mad, just surprised from his behavior today.

~

10:30 pm. The date with Tyler was over and I felt surprisingly better. I think that Tyler was now more aware of his mistake since he called me 10 times after the car situation just to make sure I wasn't mad at him. I didn't want to be the jealous girlfriend, so I didn't bring it up. Dates with him were always unbelievably relaxing, almost magical. He made me forget about all my problems, enchanting me with his beautiful brown eyes and making me feel like there's no one else on this world but us.

Tonight, he begged me to go back in his apartment and come up with a lie for my dad. I wanted to go, but I was tired of coming up with lies. I was running out of them. However, he didn't stop teasing me and kissing me until I agreed. It was cute, but I still haven't forgot about today. Tyler knew my weaknesses and I often found him using them against me.

We were in the elevator and since there was no one around Tyler found the chance to heat up the situation. He didn't take his eyes off me and then took me by my wrist, pulling me closer. "Tyler," I said with a playful tone, slightly pushing him away, as his lips were already traveling up and down my cheek, getting closer to my lips. I closed my eyes, feeling his hand running down my waist and holding me in a tight grip. He kissed me slowly, gently, until he moved to my neck, leaving passionate kisses. There was no way I could escape what I felt for him right now. I wanted him and I couldn't stay mad at him.

Suddenly, he slightly took my skin between his teeth, staring to bite and suck on it. A moan escaped my throat as my hands traveled to the sides of his neck and my fingers started messing up his hair. He once said he loved leaving me bite marks because he could show that I'm his. I loved the though of being his. But there was still a part of me who was scared that I'll loose that. He pulled away in one fast move, yet still only inches away from my neck. The sensation of his zealous breath drove a shiver down my body and I placed my hand on his shoulder to keep from falling down.

He didn't give me the time to calm my heart beat, as he smashed his lips on mine, making me gasp in surprise. The elevator bell rang, telling us that we arrived, making me stop and pull away from him slightly. Tyler gave me second to catch my breath, until he took my hand and practically dragged me outside the elevator. We were almost at his door, when he turned around and leaned closer, once again crossing the small space between us and leaving passionate and unfinished kisses on my lips. I gripped the back of his neck, pulling us together, closer, as a low moan, almost like grown rose from his throat and he pressed his body against mine, hard.

Before I even knew it, he was holding me against the wall next to the door and we were making out breathlessly. I was honestly glad that there was no one around, otherwise this would've been super awkward. I felt a part of him get excited, making me slightly pull away and chuckle against his lips. I loved how he wanted me as much as I wanted him. We stood like that for a few seconds, leaning our foreheads and taking deep breaths, until Tyler decided to take out his keys and unlock the door.

His hands were almost shaking from the hurrying, while I waited, leaned on the wall. Opening the door, we walked in and there was no time for catching a breath or making a decision. Tyler threw his keys on the table that was placed next to the door, and in one swift motion pinned me against it, closing it. I closed my eyes, leaving myself drawn in the moment and feeling nothing but his lips kissing my neck and his hands making circular movements all over my body. Tyler pulled away, making me open my eyes, as we were catching out breaths. Suddenly, his hands moved down my hips, swaying me off my feet, while my legs moved around his waist. He was holding me tightly while his fingers were pressed hard on my back, pulling me even closer, if it's possible.

No words, no deals. Our bodies spoke for themselves. His lips brutalizing mine, sending my chest a flame and leaving me speechless and breathless. The way he knew what I loved, the way he knew my weaknesses, was making me want to faint from delight. We walked down the small hallway and walked in the bedroom, closing the door behind. It's like every time was like the first time. Every time he kissed me I was unable to resist him or deny the feelings that rushed over me. I thought I'd need time to figure out if I actually loved him or not, but after tonight he proved me wrong. I had no idea how he managed to have that effect on me. I knew that every time I saw him, I wanted to be with him, and I couldn't deny that it anymore. I was already in love with him and I had no clue how.

~

We lied next to each other covered in the soft silky sheets, as our breaths were still fast and short from the mind blowing time we spent together. One of many. But every time, the same lust was dominating and controlling over us. Tyler pulled me closer taking me in a tight grip and leaving a slow butterfly kiss on the top of my head. His hand slowly traveled meeting mine that was resting on his chest, interlacing our fingers together as his thumb made slow gentle moves. So different than before. I lot more him than before. I just still don't know what gotten into him, but I was glad it was somehow over. I hope.

"Are you hungry?" I felt his lips move in my hair, as his quiet voice was filling the silence. His breaths getting slower and slower, making me relax and enjoy the moment.

I smiled from the fact that he though of everything. "A little." I said slowly, once again breaking the silence. "You?" I looked up at him and he instantly smiled to me.

"Yes. A lot." Tyler said.

"We ate like 2 hours ago." I chuckled, turning around, now facing him.

"Yeah, but you call that food?" He smiled making an obvious face. The restaurant served us really small dishes with something like a fish. But I didn't pay much attention on the food. Tyler's flirting was too distracting.

"Good point." I said, still thinking through.

He flashed another dazzling smile, before he started talking again. "Come on. Get dressed it's cold. We'll go grab something from the kitchen." Tyler said and kissed me one last time, before standing up and walking towards the bathroom. I stared at him walking away and than stood up and took my clothes from the floor.

After a few minutes, I got dressed. I was still taking my hair out of my shirt, as I heard Tyler's phone buzz from the nightstand. I got used on picking up his phone when his not here, so without thinking or looking, I answered.

"Tyler?" A girl's voice spoke from the other line before I could even say 'hi'. It took me second to figure out who it was. Lora. My breath instantly stopped in my throat making let out a frustrated sigh. Are you freaking kidding me?

"No, it's Alexa." I answered, clearly saying my name. There was a few second silence from her side.

"Oh. Well, could you tell Tyler that I called. He has some papers to sign." She said. It was more than clear to me that their companies were connected and that they had to work with each other. But calling in 11 pm to say that he has papers to sign. Only someone close would have the courage to do so. "Just tell him to call me back." Lora added. I could only imagine the fake smile on her face.

"I will." I said coldly, before hanging up. I just couldn't stand on hearing her voice.

A minute after, Tyler walked out of the bathroom in nothing but his underwear, as he took his pants in his hands. "Who was that?" He asked.

"Lora." I said with a low tone, as I couldn't hide the frustration in my voice. Tyler was now putting on his pants, as his eyes instantly moved to mine.

"Oh. What did she want?" He asked, putting on his belt.

I sighed and moved to the small glass table, taking my phone. "Apparently, you." I returned. Tyler's expression now more serious.

"What?" He asked.

"Well, obviously, signing papers was too important to wait till tomorrow." I said in a sarcastic tone as I went on. "Oh, and before I forget. Call her back."

Tyler slightly frowned, confused. "Are we still on that?" I didn't say anything, just crossed my arms on my chest and looked down. My warm blood started boiling in my veins, making my hands cold. "Alex, I told you that nothing's going on between me and Lora. Don't you trust me?" His voice now louder, talking about the conversation we had at the rock while putting his shirt on.

"It's not you I don't trust, Tyler," I said with the same tone. "Can't you see? She's clearly not over you."

"Well, I'm fucking over her!" Tyler yelled back. "Oh right. You don't believe in that either, do you?" He said with a rude tone, instantly making me want to explain to him how much I believed him, but there wasn't enough time in the world for that.

"I didn't say that!" I shouted. "Gosh, Tyler, I'm just so sick of your attitude lately. Don't you see it? Ever since you got back from New York, you've been acting like a totally different person! I'm tired of asking myself if it's me and trying to find a way to get it out of you." I said, as my voice was slowly getting shaky.

"Alex, I've done everything to earn your trust! You're supposed to trust me when I say that there's nothing going on!" Tyler yelled as the fight was getting deeper and deeper.

I did trust him. And I've showed that plenty of times. If I didn't trust him I wouldn't have stayed in a lake house with him, in a middle of nowhere. My eyes got watery, but I was too mad to let the tears out. "You know what, maybe Lora trusts you. Try that." I said, before turning around and taking my purse from the table.

There was more than anger in his eyes. I've never seen him like this. "Oh great. Whenever things get fucking serious, you leave. "We haven't got in much serious fights before, but I knew Tyler cursed a lot when he's really mad. I just never thought that it would be me who would get it out of him.

I turned around in a fast motion. "What am I supposed to do Tyler?! Stay here and fight with you all night long? Well, I'm sorry, but I can't stand that, unlike some people." My voice was now shaky and I was close to crying, but I had to hold it back. I was still turning around, when I hear Tyler shout again.

"Fine! Leave! I don't care anyway!" His words felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife in the heart. Literally. But I didn't want to show him how much his words hurt me. He obviously didn't care.

"Good!" I said, before quickly walking towards the door.

"Great!" He had to be the last one. But he had no idea how that made me feel. It's like someone had slapped me in the face multiple times.

Walking out of the room, I slammed the door behind me and it didn't even take a second till the tears started streaming down my warm cheeks. I was almost at the front door when I heard a short growl, almost like a shout, followed by s few crashes. It was coming from Tyler's room. I stopped and slightly jumped in fear from the crashes, covering my mouth with my hands as a few sobs escaped me. Quickly, I rushed to the door and walked out, my sight still blurry from all the tears. I was glad that I didn't have to wait for the elevator much.

I told my father that I was staying at Gina's tonight since Liv was out of town with her family. But what was I supposed to say to him now. I couldn't go back home like this. As soon as I was in the lobby, I practically ran out of the building, and caught a cab right away. I didn't want people seeing me like this. And not just that, but I couldn't take the weird stares coming from them. I heard a loud thunder before opening the door of the cab and walking in. It didn't even take a second till it started raining.

Just the thought of that Lora girl with him was causing a weird feeling in my stomach. I heard the way she was talking to me over the phone. She wanted to make me feel like this. She knew that she already had him and she was already winning. But I didn't have the strength to fight. Not anymore. My heart felt broken. My soul was crushed. Why? Why did I have to fall in love with him?