The Lies

Violetta

When Leon called me, he said it was urgent and needed to meet me at the park. I was confused when he sounded like he was hiding something. When I met him there, he was sitting on our park bench, where our first kiss took place. He was looking around nervously and fidgeting with the bouquet of flowers.
"Thank you my love." I say as he hands me the flowers,

"What's so urgent that you interrupted my study time."

He looks deep into my eyes, like he wants to tell me something, but can't express the right words.

"My love, please forgive me for the secrets but, my band...." He struggles to reveal the end of his sentence.

"At one of our concerts," he continues. "There was a man from America on a business trip looking for young, new, fresh bands and he offered us a record deal."

Words can't express the happiness I feel for him, the excitement and joy.

"Why didn't you tell me before? That concert was months ago." I ask, slightly annoyed that he hid the truth from me.

"But," he continues "They are asking us to move to America to record the songs over three and a half years." He looks away from my eyes as tears spring into them. I am feeling mixed emotions. Angry he lied to me, sad he has to leave me, and happy that his dream is finally reality.
He looks deep into my eyes, and embraces me, and I never want to let go.