Sky High

Violetta

I sigh, waiting for Fran for over 20 minutes. I text her and ask how long she'll be.
She only responds 10 minutes later with. 'Look up.' I stare at the screen confused by what she just said. 'What?' I reply. 'Just look up!!' She answers. I give in to her strange command. I can see nothing except the blue, blue sky...suddenly, almost out of nowhere, a plane appears. It's red colour exploding the sky as it flies. It flips and twirls, creating white letters. The first word spells Violetta, and I'm very excited and confused. The plane continues to flip and spin through the air, spelling the next words I love. I can guess the next word, and I'm correct you. Violetta, I love you. I can guess who it's from. I feel my face break into a grin. I see the tricks it does and it amazes me. Just as the plane finishes doing a love heart manoeuvre around the words, it lets out a strange, black gas. Coughing and spitting it out of the exhaust pipe. I frown and stare as the plane comes falling down through the sky. Yet, I don't realise what is happening until I hear screams from the nearby coffee shop.

Leon

I feel a lightness isn my stomach, like an air bubble waiting to explode. I feel the tears streak down my face and I whisper my prayers. I look out the side window and see the trees come looming into view.

"Jump! Parachute! Now!" Buechero screams at me. Puffing and huffing. I run out of the cock pit and into the cabin. I grab the parachutes and pass one to Buechero. He has fallen to the ground and is unconscious. I strap the parachute to him, barely able to see out of my teary eyes. I pull him to the door and jump before it's too late. I pull the tag and the parachute explodes. Buechero falls fast towards the ground, but I can do nothing to save him. I cry even more, heading towards a tall tree. I impact hard on a branch, and crash through all of the other branches. The branches smack my head back and forth. I feel my head explode with pain and I can no longer see anything but black.

Violetta

I watch in horror while Leon falls throughout he trees, being smashed around. I run over towards him and scream.

"LEON!" He cannot hear me. I watch him fall to the ground with a smack. Running towards him, I call for help. No one hears me. I feel tears burst into my eyes when the sight of Leon's twisted body comes into view. Blood runs down his neck and leaves a puddle on the ground. I kneel down next to him and listen for a heart beat. His chest rises and falls unevenly and raspy. At least he's breathing. I call Fran and yell at her about what's happened. She tells me that she is coming. I hold Leon's bloody head in my arms and I watch my tears fall onto his face. More people come and crowd around me, and I see a woman calling the emergency services.

"Leon?" I whisper.

"Please, you have to be alright." I break into gasping tears as the ambulance arrives.

"What's his name?" They ask.

"So we can call his family." They add.

"Leon. Leon Vargas." I barely reply. They scoop him onto a trolley and wheel him into the ambulance. I jump in with him and stroke his hair. The ambulance is plain with 2 Windows on either side. The bed lies in the centre with a plastic bench around it. The nurse is wearing a blue shirt and pants with a stethoscope slung around his neck, feeling for Leon's pulse.

I sing to him, hoping he will wake up, but knowing he won't. I kiss his cheek as we arrive at the hospital. Before I can even think what's about to happen, he's gone out of sight. I run after the trolley and through a restricted area. Someone is yelling at me to stop.

"This is restricted!" He barks.

"Go to the waiting room upstairs." He points to a set of stairs. He huffs and walk off. Running up the stairs , I try and calm myself down. He's fine, he's fine, he's fine. I whisper silently. I hope I'm right.