It's been a while

A/N
I'm thinking of doing another book on Caroline's life after TOS . I should be doing a sequel to this one too anyway.

Gonna update my other book soon . It's a twilight fanfic.
Had writers block with that one lately but I think the new twilight book will inspire me .

For those who don't know , it's called twilight life and death , and it's only available on kindle or iBooks at the moment.

It includes the new book, the anniversary version of the first book , and a letter from Stephanie Meyer .
99999999999999999999999

Dacia's POV

I am just beginning to think she will be a no-show .
Then the door opens, revealing a flustered Caroline Forbes .

She quickly looks round and seems to relax slightly when she spots me .

" So you decided? "

" Um..Yeah . I've spent so long denying my feelings for him , but I guess we'll always owe it to ourselves to see if we could ever be more ." Caroline nervously admits.

I smile. And then the last call for our flight is announced, and we get up to go and board the plane.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

20 minutes later

Caroline's POV

I feel so nervous. Have I made the wrong choice?
Omg what if Klaus is over me ?

No , he can't be can he ?
He said he would wait forever.

Hopefully he hasn't moved on .
I think he said that because he knew . He knew even then that he wouldn't have to wait anywhere close to forever.
Forever is a long time after all.

I'm sure I made the right choice;
If I don't do this I'll never know.

Besides , I could so use a break from all the Mystic Falls drama .

I know Elena's supposed to be my friend, so why won't she support my decision?

I know Klaus is no saint , but he's changed, and Bonnie supports me .
She even said she might visit sometime.

Everything always has to be about precious little Elena . I swear they act like she's a little defenceless animal at times.

I'm sick of it . And that was part of my realisation- that Klaus is one of very few people that I'm first choice for .

I'm tired of always being second best. Always comparing myself to her . Her who is apparently the only one who deserves happiness.

I accepted her relationship with Damon . And Damon abused me .
Treated me like his toy . I was never over that , it had a horrible effect on me , but I let it go for Elena's sake .

Because unlike her , I can recognise when someone has changed , and Damon actually has .

I understand Klaus has done stuff to her . But she's not a real friend if grudges are more important than my happiness.

I don't have many of those nowadays. I have Bonbon , and I guess I have Dacia too . But everyone else judges me and hates me for wanting to be able to put myself first for a change.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
30 minutes later

I'm just scrolling through my Instagram feed now . I use a different name . We aren't supposed to get social media cuz people would notice we weren't changing eventually.