49.Jimin (Part 2)

I waited the entire night until he opened his door at 8am. He stopped and sighed at me. "I had a feeling you'd still be here." He said. I stood up and smiled. "Yup!" He closed his door and started walking down the hall to the elevator. I mindlessly followed him and he suddenly sprinted to the stairs. "Wait, let's go together!" I yelled. I ran after him. He was running down the stairs so fast it was hard to keep up. He was already way ahead of me and I leaned on the railing, gasping for air. "Jimin!" I called. "Wait, I'm a ghost." I concentrated on making myself even more transparent and I started to glide through the floors until I reached the bottom. I saw Jimin leaning over trying to catch his breath. I was behind him and he looked back up the stairs. "I think I lost her." He whispered. I leaned over next to him and looked up where he was looking. "Who are we running from?" I asked. "Ack!" He jumped back and sighed. He ignored me and walked away. "Wait for me Jimin!" I skipped after him and grabbed his hand. "Where are we going?" He yanked his hand away. "I don't know about you, but I'm going to class." He muttered. "Aw, school is so boring." I pouted, crossing my arms. "Good, then you won't be there right?" He asked. "Of course I have to be! I have to support my sweetie pie!" I pinched his cheek and he shook his head and swatted my hand. He noticed people giving him weird looks and laughed nervously. "Leave me alone." He whispered. "Pft, fine." "Really?" He asked hopefully. I nodded and gestured for him to keep walking. "Hmm, alright." He started walking away. I waited until he was a good distance from me, then continued to follow him. He turned his head around and I quickly ducked behind someone. I peaked over the person's shoulder and Jimin kept walking. I followed him all the way to school and to class. He sat in the back corner and I stood off to the side as students poured in. When the professor starred the lecture, I tried getting Jimin's attention. "Pst!" Nothing. "Hey, Jimin!" I whispered. He looked over thinking it was a classmater, but when he saw me, he rolled his eyes. He went back to taking notes and I smacked my lips then smirked, getting an idea. I walked up to the front by the professor and started mimicking his gestures. Jimin looked at me with wide eyes. I then blew on the back of the professor's head and he subconsciously scratched it. I giggled and did it again. Jimin narrowed his eyes at me and pointed to the ground next to him. "Get down!" He mouthed. I stuck my tounge out at him and kept messing with the professor. He had his computer on the projector so I messed with the electrical and starred playing My Little Pony. The student laughed and the professor, confused, tried turning it off. I laughed hysterically and Jimin pointed to the ground again. "Get down now!" He mouthed, earning a weird look from the person next to him. I listened to him this time. Crossing my arms, I walked over to Jimin. "Sit down." He said sternly. I sat criss-cross on the floor next to him and pouted. "Don't move." He said. I mocked him and rolled my eyes. After the lesson, I followed Jimin out and walked with him to his next class. "Don't you dare do anything." He said. "Or what?" "Or else I'll put a curse on you and you'll be stuck here forever." "Fine- wait, how do you know how to do curses?!" He ignored me and went the rest of the day without talking to me. "Jimin!" I whined, kicking the ground on the way home. "Be quiet." "But I can't! Why are you so mean?" He turned and faced me. "Because you won't leave me alone and I want you to go away!" He yelled. Many people gave him strange looks, but he ignored them. "I can't just leave, then what will I do?" "I don't know. Go find your ghost friends, go cross to the other side, I don't care. Just leave me alone." We walked to his apartment floor and he stopped at his door and unlocked it. "Why are you still here?" "Why do you want me gone so badly?" I asked. "Because I hate ghosts! They're evil, annoying, do nothing but cause trouble and get in the way! Don't you see that you're not wanted here? Go away!" He slammed his door in my face and I froze. I felt my bottom lip quiver and I backed against the wall. Maybe he was right. Maybe I should just leave, but where will I go? I have no where. I have no friends, Jimin is the only person I've encountered who can see me. I can't just leave, then who will I talk to? I started crying and walked down the hall.

Jimin's POV

I slammed the door in that ghost's face and kicked my shoes off. "Who is she? Why does she keep following me? Ugh!" I walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water. I turned the tv on and sat on the couch. Suddenly, I started to feel bad. I sighed and got up. I looked through the peephole in the door and saw her. "Crying? Why is she crying?" I was about to open the door, but stopped. She started walking away and I sighed. "I have to remember, she's a ghost, they're evil. That was probably and act. Good thing I'm protected." I grabbed the cross necklace I wear 24/7 that my grandmother gave me. Not everyone with a cross necklace is protected from ghosts, only those who are blessed and did the rituals like me. Only because my grandmother made me. She's a medium and ghosts are drawn to her. Since I was little I've been able to see ghosts, a gift passed down to me from her. The ghosts were always seemingly harmless, until she let in an evil spirit without realizing and it attacked and possessed me. Every since then, my grandmother has been very protective over me and performs rituals to keep the ghosts off me. She even did one in my apartment to keep spirits out. A ghost hasn't touched me since. Until this one came along. Usually ghosts don't stick around with one person for long, but not this one. I decided to call my grandmother for advice. "She's attached to you." She said over the phone. "I can feel it. You are the only one who has every acknowledged her and now she's developed an attachment. I told you not to talk to ghosts! That's giving them an invitation to follow you around!" She yelled. "I know, I'm sorry. But I had to tell her to leave me alone. She kept trying to possess me, but she ca-" "She wants to possess you?! Now you really have to get rid of her!" She yelled. "I did. I told her to go away one last time, and she finally did." I said. I heard her sigh. "If she ever comes back, let me know and I'll get rid of her for you." "Alright. Thank you grandma." I said. After we hung up, I rubbed my face and sat on the couch. Where did she even go? I still remember her face as she was crying. I felt really bad. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that she probably didn't mean any harm. I felt like I had to apologize. I have to find her.