Chapter Two

Elise's POV
  I was in darkness. I had all my five senses, but for some reason I couldn't open my eyes. Or maybe I just didn't want to. I think I was asleep, it's the most logical answer to what's happening; that or I have died. A wave of sadness came over me, as I though about never seeing my beloved family again. Never seeing my farm, my home, ever again.

  However, if this was heaven I wouldn't mind staying here. Even though everything was dark, I could still hear, smell, touch. And I suppose I couldn't see, but if I were to eat something I would probably be able to taste it.

  It felt like I was being hugged by clouds. It was warm and made me feel fuzzy on the inside. It smelled like beautiful roses, fresh from picking. Maybe I was dead?

The only thing that bothered me was that I heard murmurs around me. As if someone was hovering over watching me. Making sure I could leave, disobey—

That's when I heard the deep, terrible, voice. His. The man that grabbed me, tried to strangle me. The one that then patted my head as if everything was fine, but it was not. He smiled at me, which he apparently has never done before, but I know it was fake. It had to be. He was the dark king, a man everyone feared because if you didn't you would get killed. A man that lets everyone suffer who aren't of royal blood. A man that I've heard so much about, every awful thing he was done.

He probably killed me, he already tried to. I don't understand how some people do such horrible things.

Suddenly my eyes popped open and I woke up with a jolt. I was panting, gasping for air as I checked my surroundings.

I was in a beautiful room with golden carving along the ceiling. I was in a huge, self bed... with the dark king sitting next to me in it.

I gasped and scooted farther away from him. I could see hurt flash through his eyes before he quickly recovered. "Ellie,"  he said reaching out for me.

I looked at him in awe. Ellie? But only B—

I sighed and looked away. I had forgotten that the dark king is the same person as BD—the boy that had randomly left eight years ago. How could someone as nice as him turn into a monster like this?

"Your majesty," I said in a soft whisper. "Are you going to kill me?" I was scared for the answer. I closed my eyes shut, not wanting to look at his face.

I heard a slight chuckle followed by a sigh. I slowly opened my eyes to see his intense stare. "No, Ellie. I would never hurt you," he said.

You already did, twice.

"Then what are you doing with me? When can I go home?" I said sitting up in the bed. My eyes filled with hope, once thinking about my family.

The dark king's eyes darkened and he grabbed my wrist. "You're not going home, ever." He said coldly. It sent shivers down my spine.

"Well what I'm supposed to do? Be your maid for the rest of my life? Is that you're implying?" I said my voice raising. The king growled and I crossed my arms. I didn't care if he was angry. He wanted to trap me here.

"Never. You are so much more than a maid, my dear," he said trying to touch me. I moved back some more trying to get away from the monster he was. "I want you to become my bride."

I choked on air. Did I hear him wrong?

"Become your bride? As in marriage? Are you mad?" I whispered scared for anyone to hear. I looked around the room, no one was there. I looked back at the king and his eyes looked so welcoming, but I already knew it was all fake. A murderer like him couldn't be this nice. "I'm not crazy, Ellie. I wanted you to be my bride, my wife, my queen."