Chapter Ten

Braxton's POV

I woke up with an awful headache. I mean, I probably shouldn't have drank all that wine but it's not like this is the first time this has happened. I moved my body over a little and hit something. It was Ellie of course. I stared at her as she made small breaths and adorable little facial expressions.

I remembered everything that I said last night, and as much as it annoys me that I told her all those personal things, I'm not angry. She needed to hear them eventually anyways.

I touched the strands of her medium dark brown hair. I patted her head gently and she lightly snored. Ellie started to wake up a bit, and put her hand on mine.

Something inside me jumped at the gesture. Her eyes slowly opened, looking directly at me. She looked confused for a second and then sat up. Her eyes were now filled with fright.

"You're usually gone or at least dressed by now, what's wrong?" she said in a squeaky voice.

I sat up and dragged her body onto my lap, her body was half limp, seeing that she was still basically asleep. Sher sleepy and confused eyes looked up at me. "W-what are you doing, Braxton?" she said not understanding.

"Today I'm going to spend the day with you, okay Ellie?"

She looked down and nodded. I hated when she did that, when she's so scared of me, she's afraid to say no. Of course, if she actually did say no she wouldn't really have a choice but it would be nice to hear that word once in a while.

She looked at me and fake smiled. "Sure,"

I kissed her cheek and slowly got up from the bed. I frowned as I saw her go back to sleep. "Get up, Ellie. Today's gonna be a big day. I even have a surprise for you, that I think you will like." The corners of my mouth started to twitch ad go up, but I straightened my lips before they could.

Ellie immediately sat up in the bed. "A surprise? What kind of surprise?" She said curiously with some excitement. I guessed correctly, she does indeed like surprises.

"Hurry up and change, and you may get the surprise early." I teased her and brought her ladies-in-waiting. I watched her as they changed her, despite her shyness. She looked sad and ashamed when she looked at me, it made me wonder why. What has my little Ellie been up to?

Once we were both changed, I brought her to the dining hall for us to eat. She played around with her food, just like yesterday. At least today, Fay kept her pretty little mouth quiet. Good thing too, because the next time she does something to annoy me, I just might snapped. I caught her staring at us as we ate. What was this girl's problem?

"I like this breakfast better than yesterday's, Braxton!"

I focused my attention back on Ellie. She was smiling and actually eating the food. I nodded and touched her head. She looked up me and something flickered across her face. She quickly looked down, and continued eating.

Everyone was having their own conversations but Ivy turned to us. "Elise, are you excited for today?" She asked kindly. I looked at her and shook my head.

"I don't know what we're doing today, Lady Ivy." She smiled politely. Her adorable face was happy today, happiest I've ever seen her.

Fay snorted and then yelped. I'm sure Ivy kicked her under the table. Good. "Fay, is there a problem?" I challenged her.

Brent glared at me. He was protective of her and upset that I almost hurt her yesterday. "There's no problem, brother." He answered for her. He held her hand and squeezed it. I rolled my eyes at the affection, but knew I was becoming like him too. I mentally scowled, the thought is sickening.