Chapter Seven

Braxton's POV

8 Hours Earlier...

"Ellie, this is Damien, your guard. He is to follow you everywhere when I'm not with you." I said sternly.

I saw Ellie open her mouth to say something- probably complaining, but I cut her off before she could. "No objecting. This is for your safety, and to make sure you don't run away or get lost." I spat at her. I saw tears forming in her eyes, and I mentally sigh. Why couldn't she just listen to what I said.

"Understood?"

I saw her nod, even though she probably won't obey me. Stupid child. "Yes, your majesty..." she whispered so quietly I almost couldn't hear her. I must've scared her. I almost sympathize- almost- and kissed the top of her little forehead. "I have to do some things, but I'll be back," I turned to leave but I quickly looked back at her. "Don't call me that ever again."

Then I left her alone with her new bodyguard.

I just hoped and prayed nothing happened to her. I wrinkled my nose. Since when did I care about any woman, rather than my sister of course. But I should've known that this would happen. I mean, she had the same effect eight years ago too.

I walked into the council room and everyone's conversations stopped. I usually had that affect on people, and liked it that way. The council was a group of people, usually with royal blood, that make the big decisions for our kingdom. The government, to be precise. They guide me when I'm being irrational- which isn't often- but are usually a pain in the ass.

"Hello council, how are you this fine afternoon?" I greeted the council with a scowl. "Now let's deal with this 'rebellion' situation." I announced in a booming voice.

Apparently there is a rebellion group that started many years ago, but got huge seven years ago when my were killed. Ever since I was crowned King I've been trying to track them down but they really cover their tracks. Now, after seven years, they're planning something big again. Most likely, to kill me like they did my parents.

Ivy spoke up first. "Well I feel that getting engaged will help, a lot." she said with a small smile. I nodded, agreeing with her completely.

Robert, a powerful man South of the kingdom. Sometimes he thought he was too powerful, and needed a reminder that I was king and was in charge around here.

  "Actually, Ivy, I think it has made everything worse," Robert stated. I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding. "She's a child, your majesty. Not only is she naïve and childish, but weak too."

Edgar also jumped into the conversation. "Robert, isn't that the point? Not only will it soften his image to the public, but it will make the rebellion group to be more hesitant to attack." He pointed out.

"Softening his image isn't a good thing, you idiot! It'll make it look like he'll be easier to take out, you know that! Or they'll make his fiancé a target!" he shouted.

A target?

"For the love of God, shut up Robert! I'm marrying her whether you like it, or not. Understand?" I yelled loudly at him. Steam was basically coming out of my ears.

Robert sighed and gave me a concerned look. "Of course, your majesty." he grumbled, obviously not happy about my decision.

Ivy cleared her throat, and looked at me. "In a way, I see where Robert is coming from," she says softly. I growl at her, not liking the thought of getting rid of Ellie. "Maybe just give her lessons on our history and politics, and a few self defence lessons? Then she'll at least look educated and mature, and if something does happen, she'll be prepared."