Chapter Eleven

Elise's POV

"Braxton... are we getting married today?" I finally built the courage to ask him. I looked at the ground to scared to hear the answer. A masculine hand touched my shoulder and I assumed it was Braxton's.

 The hand squeezed my shoulder and rubbed it. It didn't feel safe, it didn't feel right. I just wanted to be with anyone but him after what he did. I cringed and brushed the hand off my shoulder. I looked back at him and he sighed.

"Yes, today is our marriage ceremony," he said. "Also, you're coronation is right after that." he said slowly.

 I cocked my head to the side and looked him up and down. "What coronation?" I asked him curiously.

In the corner of my eyes I see the three ladies-in-waiting standing against the wall looking down. Raven glanced up to me and mouthed something along the lines of "It will be over soon". I didn't understand what she meant thought.

 "The coronation makes you queen, Ellie."

I froze. Not only did this mean I would be a ruler of a kingdom, but married too. Could I really just abandon my new country and husband? It wouldn't be fair to him or our land at all. But then I think about Mark, and how it wasn't fair for him to be killed over a little thing. 

I nodded and looked away focusing on the beautiful dress I had on. "Ellie, don't be scared, you'll make a wonderful queen." he whispered in my ear. His breath tickled my neck.

 Suddenly, Braxton clapped loudly. All four of us girls jumped. "Servants, please get do the last preparations on her then you shall leave," he commanded. Then her turned to me. "Once they're finished with you, go to your guard and he'll deliver you to the correct place." he said roughly and left.

  Evelyn, Harley, and Raven quickly came back to my side, fixing little things that were out of place. I stood there awkwardly but kept thinking, soon this will all be over and I'll be living somewhere with Dominic, Damien, and my family.

 Soon, the ladies-in-waiting were done making me look perfect--and when I say perfect I mean absolutely beautiful-- I was sent outside of the room. I poked my head out to make sure Damien was there and he was. When I stepped out and he fully saw me his eyes widened. I could feel his stare burning into me and I felt exposed, as if he was seeing me naked.

 He grinned at me and started walking, leading the way. "You look stunning, your highness," he said emphasising on the 'your highness' part. I groan realizing that I was becoming queen very soon.

"Well thank you," I said. I quickly looked down the hallway to see if anyone was near. "You're going to come with us, right?" I whispered in his ear. I didn't want to leave him behind here to rot. He deserved freedom too and he was my friend.

 He smirked and looked me in the eye. "Yes and I'm bringing Elizabeth with me." he whispered back.

This made me stop walking completely. I looked at him in horror and shook my head. "What? Don't you like her, Elise?" he asked confused.

 It's not that I don't love her, I mean, we would probably be best friends under different circumstances. However, it's going to be difficult enough to break out of here. How are we going to jail break her from the dungeon?

 I think Damien saw my concerned expression. "Don't worry, I spoke to your boyfriend and she's already out," I opened my mouth to ask how but he shushed me. "Don't ask how. Anyways, if you're worried about her 'sanity' she's fine. She always was fine. It was just Braxton being Braxton, and eventually she just acted insane to entertain herself." he whisper-shouted.