Chapter Eight

Elise's POV

I heard muffled talking.

"Ellie."

I turned over onto my side.

"Well I tried. Now wake her up! Isn't that your job?"

"Yes, your majesty, but she won't—"

"I can see that! However I have things to do, places to be with Ellie. So wake her up now before I—"

I opened my eyes to see Braxton and my ladies-in-waiting hovering over me. I blinked up at them, confused. "What's going on?" I asked them.

Braxton swiftly scooped me up in his arms and carried me to the bathroom. All of a sudden the Raven start to undress me. I frantically covered myself. "What are you doing?" I squeaked.

She looked at Braxton then to me. Her expression stayed blank. "I'm giving you a bath, which were direct orders from his majesty." she said calmly.

I shrunk down and looked at Braxton. "Could you leave please?" I asked him. I saw Braxton scowl and cross his arms. Raven politely stepped behind Braxton until further instructions. "Why should I leave? You're my fiancé, soon to be wife."

Tears formed in my eyes. "But I'm not comfortable...I'm barely comfortable with them washing me!" I said raising my voice a little. Braxton looked a little taken back as if I offended him. Some of the tears slipped out and slid down my face.

Braxton kissed my cheek and intensely stared at me. "I'll be outside until your done. In case you didn't know we're having breakfast together, then you'll be getting private lessons by Ivy, after self-defense lessons, maybe lunch with me, then a fitting. After all that you can do whatever you want but you have to eat dinner, then bed." he said quickly then walked out the door. Evelyn closed it and smiled at me.

"Sounds like you have a lot on your plate today, your highness!"

000

After my bath, I was stuffed into another big and fancy dress, except this time it was a bit more casual. I guess I had to get used to these dresses, because this was my wardrobe now. They brushed and styled my hair like they did yesterday; tiny braids making a cute braid crown. They placed a little tiara on my head, I guess that's how people will know I'm royalty.

I felt a big hand on my waist, it was Braxton, pulling me to his side. "We're late for breakfast. Ivy, Edgar and the others are probably wondering where we are." he grumbled.

"I'm sorry."

I heard Braxton make an annoyed sigh sound. He didn't say anything, just dragged me down the hall to the dining room.

When I saw all the people, I started to hide behind Braxton. There was Ivy and Edgar eating together. Then Fay, Brent, and Brenden. Then some other older people that I vaguely remember, but don't really know. "Good morning," Braxton said calmly. "You know Elise, right? She'll be joining me for breakfast from now on."

They all nodded and continued their own conversations. Braxton took a seat and motioned for me to sit too. I cautiously sat down next to him. Some servants place a dish in front of me, some weird food I've never eaten before.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Fay staring at me. It wasn't a nice stare either. I just didn't understand what I did to her to make her hate me so much. I turned my head to see Braxton eating his dish like a crazy person. "Braxton, your food looks better than mine. Can I have a piece?" I asked him.

"Yes, Braxton, please feed Elise like a child." Fay said making everyone stop their conversation. They all turned their heads to look at Braxton, even the servants.