Epilogue

Elise's POV

I woke up in a cold and dark room with green vines growing on the walls. Since my wedding dress didn't have any long sleeves, I was freezing. I was on a bed with a single candle to lighten it up. I didn't know where I was. Is this Dominic's home? Are we safe now? So many questions filling up my mind but no one around for me to ask.

The big wooden door swung open revealing Dominic dresses in clothing that I think better suited him. I grinned as he walked over to me and gave me a big hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck, wishing we never had to leave each others arms. 

When we detached, he started to undo the hundreds of button on my gown. I freaked out and backed away. "Dominic w-what are you doing?" I said unsure of what to do. 

 He pauses and looked up at me. His eyes widened and he dropped the clothing he was holding onto. "I'm not—I mean, I'm not trying to do anything bad, I'm just—" he said starting to panic. I giggled even though I was still confused about what he was doing.

 "We don't have maids here and I didn't think you could change by yourself," he finally said clearly. I looked at him and nodded. He quickly did the things that I couldn't.

  After I took off all the things that were restraining me (like the tight corset),  I changed into the clothes he left for me. They were loose and baggy like my clothes at home. Unlike the clothes Braxton forced me to wear, these were comfortable and I could actually move around in them.

 I pulled the wooden door open to see something completely unexpected. It was a cave covered in all green, being lit up by the holes at the top on the cave. Many people-- at least hundreds-- were walking around. I stepped out of the room and followed the crowd of people. 

 They were gathering in a room that was deeper into the cave. I saw men, women, and children gathering around the room almost as if waiting for something. Was this a town or city like the centre? I'll probably be recognized and brought back to Braxton. 

 After realizing this,I tried my best to exit the room but the people behind me basically pushed me back.

 Then I saw a man in the royal knight armour jump up on the platform. The crowd clapped and cheered, excited to see the man obviously. I squinted my eyes and I was surprised to see who the man truly was.

 It was Prince Brent, Braxton's younger brother.

I gasped and looked down, so he didn't recognize me. If he saw my face he would surely bring me back to Braxton, and I already know that Braxton would be furious for me running away. My eyes widened as it occurs to me that Brent is probably here to as people if they've seen me, and I would be spotted immediately. 

As calmly as possibly, I politely asked people the step aside as I tried my best to leave the room. I didn't want to cause attention, that would probably be worse. I'm now wishing I never left the bedroom that I woke up in. 

 I heard Brent talking but I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. All of sudden people were clapping and cheering again, and then I heard an all-too-familiar voice.

 "Thanks Brent, and all he's saying is true. Thanks to all of your help, we've successfully brought the Queen and the princess to safety," I heard Damien announce. I whipped my head around the see both Damien and Brent on the stage. What was going on?

 "Now I'd like to welcome my little brother to the stage," he said in a leader tone.

Then, what surprised me the most, Dominic stepped on to the platform--or stage-- and smiled to the crowd. The crowd clapped once again once he arrived. "Yes, the queen and the princess are now here safely after being abused and mistreated by the dark king." he told them.

 Braxton never abused me , I don't even think he mistreated me. He tried to make me feel welcome in his own way, I think. He just doesn't know how to be nice and that's why I wanted to leave. But saying he abused me was kind of a stretch. I guess Dominic didn't actually know and assumed since that's the kind of person Braxton is.

 Everyone was attentively listening, including me now. "The princess is sleeping at the moment, but I see that the queen is in the crowd," Dominic smiled at me with kind eyes while the crowd looked at each other in curiosity. "She was in her room before, but knowing her I bet she couldn't help herself to see what's happening." the crowd chuckled.

 My heart melted at Dominic's smile, but the feeling quickly went away when my eyes flickered t Prince Brent. Why was he just standing there? I for sure thought he would arrest-- maybe even kill-- Dominic and Damien for saving me. Why hasn't he taken me back to the castle? Why was he smiling? Too many questions filled my mind, making my head feel like it would explode.

"Elise, would you like to come up?"

 Since Dominic was staring at me, the rest of the crowd followed his glance and looked at me. They smiled nicely and made a path for me to go on stage. I walked slowly up to the platform and Dominic pulled me up beside him.

 I felt uncomfortable with that many people staring at me with such hope. I gave them all a small wave and smiled nervously. "Hello," I said shakily.

They chuckled at my awkwardness, causing me to blush and look down. Then, I felt a hand rest on my shoulder, which made me jump. I looked up to see Prince Brent standing over me with a smile on his face. His smile made me nervous, was he bringing back to Braxton?

 "The queen is confused, and doesn't know our major plans yet," Brent told everyone. "However, she knows the evil man that my sick brother is and wants to be free from him. She wants everyone to be free of him, and live their lives without living in fear!" he exclaimed. The crowd was going wild.

Soon the meeting (or whatever you would call that) was over, and the people started to exit the room. I looked at them three blankly.

 Dominic gently took my hand and squeezed it. He caressed my hand softly and then looked me in the eyes. 

"Please, let me explain."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Okay I know I said it was done but I decided to quickly add an epilogue. The second book will be called "The Light Queen". I hope you'll read it when it comes out and thanks for putting up with this book.

 Remember to comment, vote, and share!