Chapter Three

Thank you guys for all the votes and views! It's very appreciated!

Ellie's POV
I froze, not wanting to turn around to face him. I focus my vision on Dominic, whose eyes had widened. I couldn't blame him. Everyone was scared of the King, even his own family. And now that I've mentioned it... Where was his brothers and sisters? Or parents?

He had three, and was obviously the oldest of all of them. One sister and two brothers, or at least that's what I've heard. Did he kill them too?

"Dominic!" The King's booming voice cut off my thoughts. Finally I turned around and looked him in the eye. I stood from the ground and hid behind Dominic. "Ellie, get away from the boy!" he shouted at me.

This only made me clutch to Dominic's back. I wasn't leaving his side, I might have just met this guy but he has to be than the dark king. He looked really mad, and who knew what he would do to me? "I want to stay with Dominic, please." I cried.

The king sighed and straightened his clothes. "Dominic, step aside from Elise." He demanded. Immediately, Dominic stepped away from me.

I was exposed.

The King walked over to me and picked me up, bridal style. My arms automatically clutched onto his neck, not wanting to fall. He began to walk away from Dominic, but suddenly paused. He turned around to face him. "When her dinner is ready please bring it to hall 24, room 102." The king said emotionless, and turned away.

The king walked down many hallways before arriving to the room I was in earlier. He opened the door and sat down on the bed, with me still in his arms. I tried to wiggle out but he held me tight. I felt his mouth press against my hair.

"Your majesty, do mind letting me go?" I asked softly. I hoped that he would listen to me, but he just squeezed my small body.

"Braxton Darren." he mumbled in my hair. I tried to sit up. What was he talking about?

"What do you mean?" I asked him carefully.

"My name is Braxton Darren, Ellie. I want you to call me that, not your majesty, or your highness." Braxton whispered gently. The corners of my mouth curled up a bit, but quickly went back to normal. "You're mine and I'm yours, I can't lose you again."

I furrowed my eyebrows. He didn't lose me, I lost him. He's the one who didn't come back. Nothing bad happened to him, he's just being mean to everyone for no reason. He's an awful person, who doesn't deserve to be king of anything.

I pushed away from his chest, not wanting to be near him any more. He didn't fight me this time. He placed me down on the bed, and I turned my side to look away from him. I felt him get off the bed and I quickly turned around to see where he was going. He walked over to a chair and sat down.

"Braxton," I whispered and his head shot up at hearing his name. "I'm hungry." I whined. I saw Braxton narrow his eyes and gave me a little nod.

As if on cue, the someone knocked on the door. Braxton quickly opened it, and Dominic was standing outside with a silver platter. Braxton grabbed it out of his hands and began to close the door on him. Without saying a word, not even thanking him.

I sat up, excited that I was finally getting something to eat. I smiled at the sight of food and giggled as he placed it down in front of me. I didn't even realize how hungry I was, but now the slight thought of food made me go wild.

I devoured my dinner in seconds. I didn't even know exactly what I was eating, all I knew was that it was delicious. The best food I've ever had in my life and I grew up on a vegetable farm. I guess I should have remembered that the food I'm eating is the same food they give Braxton, so of course it's amazing.