Facing Superior Fuery

Ed's POV
"Fullmetal?! Are you even listening to me?!" Mustang practically yelled. I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on my cheek.

"Uh-huh." I mumbled. Mustang growled softly.

"Fullmetal listen to me. You should not be taking this lightly! You destroyed half a village and acted reckless! From what Alphonse told me, you didn't even investigate the situation! Your lucky that you just happened to catch the guy! I had to apologize to the village for your mistake!" Mustang scolded. I shrugged.

"Brother, please at least apologize to the Colonel." Al pleaded. I shrugged.

"Why should I? He should be happy I didn't get back to Central and punch his stupid face like I was planning to." I grumbled. Mustang sighed.

"Fullmetal. Watch yourself! After that.....display of what you call a mission, I won't be sending you on any more for a while. Not until you start using your brain again at least." He confirmed. I felt my heart drop a little. I wanted to get Al's body back as soon as possible. That's why I took every mission Mustang gave me. Why I followed every command. But not sending me on missions? That's crazy talk!

"But...Al and I need to find a lead on the philosopher's stone...!" I trailed off.

"Too bad. That dream of yours will have to wait. And you have no one else to blame but yourself Fullmetal." He replied. I walked towards Al.

"Sorry Al." I apologized. He nodded.

"It's fine Brother. You need the rest. The philosopher's stone can wait."