Recovering Slowly, But Surely

Roy's POV
I woke up the next morning and saw a bunch of golden hair in my face. I smiled softly. Ed coughed a bit and rolled over on his side, facing me. "Morning..." He grumbled. I smiled at him.

"Morning Ed." I replied. I sat up and stood up and walked out of the room. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed Ed's medicine. I was running low, so I would have to make a trip to the store for another small bottle. I ended up finishing the bottle and walked back inside my room.

"Here you go Ed." I said gently as I handed him te small cup. He nodded and took the small cup. Once he finished drinking the medicine, he made a disgusted face and I chuckled.

"I'm gonna run out for some more medicine. Although, someone has to stay here and watch you. Hmmm. I'll call the Lieutenant." I explained. Ed nodded and snuggled up in the blanket. He wrapped it around himself like it was a cocoon. I smiled and blushed.

'That was...really cute.' I thought. I walked towards the phone and dialed Hawkeye's number. She quickly picked up the phone. "Hello? This is Lieutenant Hawkeye speaking." She greeted.

"Lieutenant? It's Mustang. Could you come over for a few minutes or so to watch Ed? I'm gonna pick up more medicine for him." I questioned.

"Yes Sir." And with that, our call ended. I walked back into my room and sat down next to Ed. He sneezed a bit.

"Bless you." He sniffled.

"Thanks."

I smiled softly and gently caressed his head, smoothing back his golden bangs. Ed seemed to enjoy the comforting touch and he let me continue. Ed's eyes closed as he fell asleep.

"Hey...Mustang...th-thanks...." He mumbled.

"It's not a problem Ed." I replied softly, making sure not to wake him.

"I...lo-love....you.." I looked at him with wide eyes.

'There's no way! Did I hear him wrong?! I-It's probably ju-just the cold talking! Ye-Yeah! There's no w-way that he'd like m-me back!' I internally panicked, a blush spreading across my face. There was a knock on the door, and I stood up to open it.

"Hey Lieutenant." I greeted.

"Morning Sir. How's Edward doing?" She asked.

"He's good. Almost a full recovery. Tomorrow, he should be okay." I replied.

'Tomorrow...? I have some place to be tomorrow...don't think I've forgotten you.' I thought, a look of despair on my face.

"Sir? Is everything....? Oh." She trailed off, knowing why I looked sad.

"Anyways, I'll go get that medicine now." I replied. She nodded.

"Ed's in my room, sleeping." I explained. She nodded again and walked towards it. I headed out the door and walked to the store. Ed's words replayed in my mind.

"I...lo-love....you.."

Its been forever since I updated! My gawd! Welp, heres a new chapter! XD
Sadly, next chapter is the last chapter of the story ;-;
Lemme know if you guys want me to write it now, or some other time pls. Thankies! I shall see you all in the last chapter! Bai!