Just A Simple Fantasy

Ciel's POV
Ciel trembled, wrapping the blanket around himself tighter. They kept coming back; the flames; the men with the masks. Every time he closed his eyes; they'd come back. A sob escaped him. He hated being weak. Here he was, the great Earl phantomhive, the queens watchdog, and guardian of Londons underworld, hiding beneath the sheets, terrified from a nightmare like some foolish child. He felt a hand on his shoulder and immediately recoiled. "Don't touch me!" He shouted, tears on his cheeks. He couldn't see his attacker; he was helpless. "Bocchan." A voice said quietly, causing Ciel to pause. "Bocchan. You're alright. Your out of the cage now."
"S-Sebastian?" Ciel stuttered, his trembling easing off a bit.
Sebastian pulled Ciel into a tight hug. "Yes, bocchan. It's me. Don't be afraid." Ciel let himself relax and the blankets fell loose around him. He breathed in deeply. That's when he felt Sebastian's warm skin through his nightshirt. He blushed, feeling his face become hot. He knew his cheeks were bright red, and was thankful for the lack of light. "S-Sebastian? P-please button up your shirt." He heard a chuckle as Sebastian pulled away. "Of course. My apologies my lord." When Sebastian finished with his shirt, he spoke again. "I'm glad to see you're alright now, however I'd thought for sure your nightmares had ceased."
Ciel shook his head. "They never stop." The demons heart sank at the pain in his masters voice. "Perhaps you'd like me to stay until you fall asleep?" He asked hopefully.
Ciel nodded, falling back into his pillow. Sebastian smiled as the boy closed his eyes. He looked down at the small hand that lay by the boys side, and resisted the urge to take it in his. To humans, a simple action, such as holding ones hand could suggest a lot, and he couldn't risk it. He wasn't going to burden such a fragile child with something as heavy as a demons love. The things Sebastian wanted, what he longed for, was just a dream. A simple fantasy for him to dwell upon. A fantasy no demon was meant to have.
When he was convinced Ciel was asleep, he gave in, bending over to kiss the boy lightly on the cheek before leaving the room.
Ciel slept soundly. He'd dreamt that night. This dream was like no other he'd ever had before, but he wasn't about to spill the contents of it to anyone.
He awoke to curtains being drawn back, revealing a ray of blinding sunlight. "Nngh." Ciel groaned, and turned over. "Five more minutes." Sebastian smirked, seeing an opportunity. "Oh? Perhaps I was a bit rough last night?"
Ciel sat up suddenly. "Wait, what? I thought that was a dream!"
The demons smirk widened, as he felt satisfied. "It was. I just needed to confirm the suspicions I'd gotten when I'd heard my name escape your lips while checking on you earlier this morning."
"Damn you." The Earl cursed, his cheeks a deep red.
"Perhaps your in love with me?" Sebastian taunted. He wasn't sure whether he wanted Ciel to say that he was or wasn't. 'It'd be selfish of me to wish he is.' He decided. 'It's better for him if he isn't.'
"I'm not in- ugh!" The boy cut himself off, too flustered to speak. In his mind, his life had just fallen to ruins. "S-stop being difficult, Sebastian!" He managed.
"Yes, my lord." the butler replied, still grinning. He placed a tray of food on the bedside table, handing Ciel his morning tea. "I'll drop the subject. For now. However, when it seems fit, I'd like to discuss it in more detail with you. I'm most curious." He found he enjoyed teasing his master.
Ciel pushed the tea away. "You've caused me to loose my appetite." Sebastian frowned. "My lord. You need your breakfast."
"I won't eat until you promise never to speak of my dream again."
The demon sighs and looks away. "Alright, fine. Please, just eat. You're already much too skinny. You can't afford to starve yourself." Ciel blinked. "Who said I was starving myself?" Sebastian felt a slight blush creep onto his cheeks, and he tried desperately to push it away, hoping the Earl hadn't noticed. He'd found himself worrying over the boy. So much so that he'd misinterpreted Ciel's words. Ciel wasn't stupid; in fact, quite the contrary. 'He's bound to figure it out someday.' Sebastian fretted. 'I can't let that happen.'