Walls

They had just dropped Roland off at baseball practice and they were heading to the airport to pick up Robins parents and the closer they got the lager the knot in Regina's stomach got. She was staring out of the window, bouncing her knee and fiddling with her fingers.

"Everything alright, love," he asks placing a hand on her knee to calm it and grab her attention.

"Uh yeah," she responds refusing to make eye contact.

"Your lying," he accused.

She sighed," I am meeting my husbands parents. If they don't like me they won't approve of us being married, and then I will have to face my mother telling her the truth and I-"

"Even if they don't approve its my decision in the end and they can't force me to do anything and I won't let you down," he says and meant it.

"I know but what if that damages your relationship with them, I can't be the reason that you loose the good relationship you have with you parents,"

"Regina, they wont disapprove of you and everything will be fine, okay?"

"Okay."

Silence took over, she still didn't believe it but she didn't want to burden him with the worry of her being worried anymore. So she just remained quiet for the rest of the ride.

In about an hour, due to the traffic that Robin knew was going to be, they arrived. He got out the car to go find and wait for his parents while she stayed in the car waiting for them to come to the car. Why was she so caught up in this? Maybe it was the fact that if they don't like her and Robin continues to stay married to her, it will ruin their entire relationship and it will all be her fault.  Or maybe-. Robin knocked on the window, and she switched her attention to him, that's when he signaled her it was time. So he opened the door for her and she gracefully got out, never making eye contact with the people in front of her. Robin took her hand giving it a general squeeze telling her to look up.

"Mom, Dad, this is Regina. My wife," he spoke with not as much nervousness and fear as he was actually feeling. His parents stayed quiet for a few seconds examining her, only making Regina feel more uncomfortable, it was his father who broke the silence.

"It's nice to meet you, though I wish it would've been a bit sooner but that's for another time, I am Robin, the first one, but everyone calls me Rob, " he spoke in a strong British accent then reached his hand out and offered a smile which she reciprocated. His mother still hasn't spoke just looking her up and down.

"Mom?" Robin called her trying to get her attention from the incessant rudeness she was showing. The woman snapped her head toward him and her face lightening.

"Yes, junior," she said taking his hand and the other removing it from Regina's, and her action didn't go unnoticed.

"This is Regina," he says again.

"I see her," she says with the upmost rudeness and refusing to shake the hand Regina had offered. 

Robin sighed," shall we get going then."

Robin and his father grabbed the luggage placing them in the trunk while Regina got back into the passenger seat. His mother glared at her then told robin that she always say there when they visited.

Robin simply responded with," things are different now," then got into the drivers seat. His mother huffed and sat in the back with his father, angry.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

They pulled up to Regina's house and his mother instantly scoffed seeing her house. Robin could see in Regina's eyes that she was afraid and nervous in her driveway he continued to search for her gaze but she never looked up or at him. Robin told her to go inside and relax while he and his father got the luggage. His mother, who hadn't had the heart to share her name, stayed with the man always staring down at Regina making her feel small. Much like Cora used to do when Regina was in college and she didn't chase after every rich and successful man her mother threw at her. His mother made her feel that same way Cora did, like she was pitiful. Smaller than everyone else, almost like she didn't belong.

Regina walked straight upstairs and plopped down on her bed staring at the ceiling knowing what a nightmare this next week will be. She had to tread lightly if she wanted to survive Themis because the met the woman only a half hour ago and she is already on thin ice. Regina knew she would have to do everything perfectly if she wanted to at least get from his mothers bad side.

She heard mumbling in the hallway," Liz, she seems like a nice woman. Why must you be so cruel to the poor girl." Liz that was her name, it must be short for Elizabeth

"You said seems, that's my point. We don't know her, all we know is that she took junior from onus and now he is living in her house. Lord knows what type of person she is for all we know she could be forcing him to be committed to her or she will kill him-"

"That's enough, I will not stand here and allow you to talk bad about a completely innocent girl," Rob spoke," you need to rest lets go Junior said the room the the third on the left."

That was the end of it. She didn't hear anything else, at least his father didn't dispose her. When the door opened she shot up, but relaxed when she saw that it was only Robin. He came in to check on her make sure she was okay.

"Hey,"'he said as he continued to walk in the sit next to her on the bed.

"I told you so," she says not even paying his greeting any attention.

"She never said she didn't approve," he defends, not his mother but he just doesn't want her uncomfortable.

"You know what she also never said, Hello," she sighed," Robin you should've seen the look she gave me it was like I was reliving the same situation with my mother."

Regina was still laying back until Robin had stood up grabbing. Both of her hands and sitting her up so she could make eye contact (if he were to do it the other way...lets just say it would be hard to keep himself a gentleman).

"We will show her that she is wrong about you, she has never heard your voice before, and she doesn't know much about you. So why don't you make her see that you are a better person than she thinks you are," he encouraged," I have seen you Regina, there is nothing in your for anyone not to love."

Did he say love?! Regina just calm down he didn't mean it that way....your so paranoid.

"Okay," she says then stands up and is rapped in his embrace. She breathes in his wonderful sent of pine and something she can only brand as 'Robin'. His arms were warm, and she melted into him. She was like a moth and he was the flame, drawn to him with every inch of her body.