Nightmares

Every morning I wake up and think how miserable I would be if I was still on Texas.
I was asleep in my room and I was thrashing around and sweating. I woke with the thought of someone being on my room. I got up and ran to mom and dads room.
My mom woke up right away with a worried look. I gave her look like I was about to break. She opened her arms and I sprinted to her open arms crying.
Dad woke up when he heard me crying.
"What's wrong"dad asked
Mom gave him that look like don't talk.
I look at mom and said "it came back"
She rubbed my back and laid us down.
She said "ok so you wanna to talk about it or go back to sleep!"
Dad got out of bed. "I'll go sleep in your room and y'all can talk and go to sleep when you want to."
My voice was quiet "no daddy."
Once he laid down I curled into his side and fell asleep.
When morning came I woke in moms arms. She holding me with a death grip. I like it because it felt good to have to feeling of someone protecting me. I was playing with moms night shirt and she start combing my hair with her fingers.
She spoke first "what happened Mac?"
I looked up and whisper the nightmare came back. The same one."
"Ok baby what do you think trigger it?"
"I felt like someone was in the room. Mama I scared."
Mom got up and help me out of bed. She picked me up and carried me into my room she put me on my bed and walked to the window. She paused and yelled for dad.