Honeymoon part 2

We didn't do much in Paris mainly shopping and tour the Eiffel Tower. When we were settling down in our room on the boat dad got a call from his other kids. I was listen to him talk and realized  he said Lizzie and then it clicked, my pen pal I had was my half sister. I was waiting for dad to get off the phone to talk to him.  While I was waiting I remembered something that Lizzie wrote "my dad and mom got a divorce. I hope my dad dates his partner." He got off the phone and then
mom walks in perfect timing.

"Hey mom how did you and dad meet?"

"Where is this coming from?" She questioned

"I don't know I was just wondering."

"Oh well ok. me and your meet at work."

"How?"

"I was new to the job and I walked in and notice I am the only lady there. I asked El.. dad where captions office was. when our eyes met I knew there was something."

Mom come on keep going and stop staring at dad.

"Sorry.. umm when Cap said me and your dad were partners and told be careful because he is a hot head. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I love it and him because he not only safes my life a thousand times he also gave me you." (a/n  insert tear)

"One more question, why did you give me up? "

Mom and dad look at each other and they were talking to each other through eyes. creepy.

"Come on I can handle it."

"Ok well when I had you I was undercover and I didn't even know I had you yet and your dad was in New York and I was in Oregon (a/n go with it) there was this big thing with police and stuff and the had to infuse me really early so you wouldn't die. I got to hold you for a week and I wouldn't even let you out of my sight. I would sing to you and rock you then when they released me they told me to tell you goodbye and that you were going to    New York to your dad but instead you went to foster care."

Mom was crying then hugged me.

"Why did you name me mackenzie faith?"

"Because I always had faith in you that you would be tough and stay strong. and I don't know why mackenzie I was pretty."

*last day of the honeymoon*

It was the last day of the honeymoon and dad was taking a nap while me and mom watched movies. I was cuddled in her side and she was softly singing.

"You are my sunshine. my only sunshine. you make me happy when skies are grey. you'll never know dear how much I love you. please don't take my sunshine away."

"Mom is that the song you would sing to me when I was a baby?"

"Yeah baby."