Untitled Part 19

This is going to be like a throwback thing to where Karkat first sees Dave's (fabulous) eyes. 

*POV Karkat* 

'We have been together for about a month now and friends for-like-ever, but why haven't I seen under those damn shades?! He always had then on. To be perfectly honest I thought they were just for his stupid hipster act that he plays all the time. But if it were that wouldn't he get bored? Just give up and take them off every once and a while? Seeing as we are now in a romantic relationship, I do have the right to see under them. I do indeed. Relationships are built of honesty and trust... Or at least that is what the movies have taught me... Well whatever. It is now my life goal or some shit to see under those stupid glasses. It will finally happen.'

*back to normal narration*

The two were sitting on the couch like they normally did, with Dave leaning on the edge and Karkat using the blonde's lap as a pillow. After a few minutes of light arguing Dave finally gives up and allows Karkat to pick on of his RomCom movies that he is so obsessed with. Once the movie is in the two return to their position and press play. Karkat desperately tries to pay attention, but he can't help thinking of what's Dave is hiding. Slowly reaching up he makes an attempt to take off the pair of eyewear, but is stopped by Dave's hand. 

"What are you doing?"

"SORRY. NOTHING"

"It sure doesn't look like nothing to me."

"*sigh* IT WAS."

"Karkat."

"DAVE." Karkat shoots back. 

"Kaaaaarkat." says Dave childishly.

"DAAAAVE." replies Karkat mocking Dave. 

"Shit Karkat. Real mature." replies Dave sarcastically, basically ending the conversation.

The two go silent and continue to watch the movie. The topic is dropped for the time being. 

"HEY DAVE..." 

"Yes Karkat?"

"UMM. WHY DO YOU ALWAYS WERE YOUR GLASSES?" Karkat inquires nervously. 

"For my cool guy appeal obviously." says Dave and scoffs. 

"BULLSHIT."

"It's true." says Dave, raising his voice in an attempt to sound convincing. 

"THEN WHY CAN'T I SEE THEM IF IT'S JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FEEL COOL? HMMM???" questions Karkat, crossing his short arms across his chest. 

"Bro, you can't ruin the coolness."

"FUCKING WATCH ME." says Karkat as he gets up and straddles the 'cool guy'. He makes a reach for the shades but fails due to his arms being grabbed by the wrist. 

"PLEASE."

"No." says Dave somewhat sternly. 

"PLEEEEEAAASE" whines Karkat, trying to release himself from the grasp on his wrists. 

"PREEEEEETTY PLEEEEEEASE."

"Really Karkat? Reeeeally." Dave asks, sounding 110% done. 

"YES REALLY, DAVE. MAY I PLEASE SEE?"

There is a moment of silence before Dave slowly releases Karkat and allows him to remove the eyewear. Dave's eyes, however are still closed underneath. 

"IT'S OKAY." whispers Karkat reassuringly. He slowly opens them and blinks a few times. Karkat smiles and hugs the blonde. 

"THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL." 

"They're not but okay."

"SHUT UP. I LOVE THEM." 

"Well I love you." 

"I LOVE YOU TOO, YOU FUCKER." replies Karkat and kisses him softly. 

*A/N*

I know it's not the best, but I wanted to give you guys something. So yeah. Thank you again for reading and stuff. I really do appreciate it. Hugs!