01

The night seemed so short to Lottie. Every night of the month but one always seemed to fly past, too fast for her to even realise.

But when the fated night comes each month, she regrets taking advantage of the rest of them. She regrets not admiring the stars as much as she could, she regrets not dancing under the moonlight as often as she could.

Lottie had two lives. One, a daughter of the governor of New Orleans, a rich life in a large house full of things she desired and people to give her everything she needed, at any time. This life welcomed one of her supernatural sides. She was a witch, her father leader of the Gortenis coven.

A few years back, when her father, Joseph, wasn't leader, their coven was shunned from society by the humans. Forcing them to live their lives on the outskirts of New Orleans, living on scraps of food they stole from the markets.

And now, thank you to Joseph's plans and leadership, they incorporated themselves back in. And not just anywhere, their coven, and mainly Lottie's family were at the top.

However that came with a price; Lottie was to marry a rich gentlemen, an important member of the towns society, great grandson of one of the towns founders, his name was William. And though it wasn't love she felt for him, Lottie did get on well and cared for him. William was a few years older, 5 to be exact, and he was a major gambler. He would leave late at night and not come back home til early hours of the morning, past sunrise.

Though this life came with setbacks, it was all good and well. She was fortunate.

However; the second life she lived was on every full moon. Lottie would have to sneak through her window and run into the forest before she turned into a beast.

Lottie's mother, Mary, married Joseph when she was young. She knew about his powers and only fell in love with him more for it.

Mary had a secret though, a secret that she hid so well Joseph never knew about. In his mind, Mary was human.

She was far from it.

But Mary never did anything to trigger her curse so she lived her life as a human being, hiding her family tree. And she did do an amazing job of it, until she had children, and she had Lottie.

And Lottie triggered the curse. Forcing them into a secretive life where Mary would take Lottie out and hide her in the bayou. Pleading her not to tell Joseph, for he will be furious.

He hated wolves. He spat at the mere mention of a wolf. And so Lottie quickly learnt that confiding in her father was not an option. And that when her mother died tragically from gout, she would have to live her second life alone. No support, nobody knowing

And that's how it's been, for almost 4 years.

Lottie had already climbed out of her window and stalked through the shadows to get into hiding.

She was practically New Orleans royalty and everything she was caught doing would be breaking news the next morning. So she knew she had to be very careful.

One vital thing she had left at home this time was an item of clothing to cover herself with for when she transitioned back into a human.

Lottie cursed herself for being in a rush. But the dark clouds uncovered the moon slowly as she watched, and she knew it was too late, she would have to improvise.

Thinking quickly, she reached around her back and managed to unto her corset strings to save her dress. She pawed at it until it fell in a messy pile on the floor. Just in time.

The bones inside her leg snapped loudly causing her to fall straight to the floor, yelping in pain.

Lottie thought she would've gotten used to the pain by now. But it still hurt, every bone in her body broke and then healed in a different way than they should. Turning her into a wolf.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Elijah had turned up in New Orleans with his brother not too long ago. He was keeping in contact with an old friend, governor of New Orleans, Joseph Gotem.

Niklaus had been particularly annoying, this morning so Elijah decided to take a break from his usual antics to get some fresh air and free his mind.

The serenity of the New Orleans bayou in the early hours of the morning was an enjoyable sight to see. And through his anger and all the stress, Elijah could close his eyes and find himself.

Though strangely, his shoes tangled up in a mess on the floor. He bent down and picked it up, curiously examining the intricate lace pattern on the pastel dress.

He took it in his arms and began to explore the surroundings and find who this dress belongs to. She wouldn't be too far.

After minutes of walking, he stumbled up on a body of a girl on the floor. He was stood far away, stepping behind a tree in case she woke up.

But she wasn't moving, in face he swore he couldn't hear her breathing for a moment, so he stepped forward to examine the body.

But her head immediately jolted up, looking around her. Leading Elijah to jump back behind the tree.

The girl covered herself with her arms, desperately trying to find something.

Elijah came to the conclusion the dress belonged to the girl, or the girl was desperately in need of a dress. Either way, he would give it to her.

Using his speed he passed her and dropped the dress within her reach.

Needless to say, she felt the old breeze and jumped at the sight of her dress appearing from now where.

"Who goes there?" She shouted, pawing for the dress and quickly covering her body with it.

After no answer; she slipped the dress on and quickly made an escape "thank you" she murmured, before heading off.

Wolves were a rare sight in New Orleans now, especially when Klaus and the witches and the humans managed to chase them out. No wolf dared to enter.

Why was she here?