21

"You talk to her?" Elijah felt winded "you can speak to her? Is she here?"

"Wait a moment" she said "she's always here, she cannot leave, and yes I can, but it takes a lot of energy, and a lot of power, sometimes I don't have it"

"Do you think you have it now?" Elijah asked "you can draw power from me"

"I don't know" Mia retaliated

"Please" Elijah pleaded "I need to know what happened after I left her in that ballroom"

"I can try" she sighed after a great deal of consideration over the long period of time they stood in an awkward silence. Mia signalled for them to follow her into the ballroom, where she pulled out a folded table (definitely a new addition) and a ouija board.

"I need your blood" she demanded "if you want to talk to her"

She held a cup out to Elijah, just as the loud noise of torrential rain hitting against the humongous window sounded.

Elijah took the cup immediately and bit into his wrist with Hayley watching awkwardly from behind him.

"Okay" Mia breathed; the previous times she had done this, she woke up very weak. Maybe the blood could help lend a hand; but she wasn't sure, the blood would definitely strengthen the connection, not by much, but such an improvement from before "Sit down and form a circle"

They all took a seat. Hayley and Elijah immediately held hands as Mia began to pour Elijah's blood over the board.

She took Hayley's hand and Elijah's hand "are you sure you want to do this?" She asked one last time "there is no going back once you encounter the truth; it might not be what you expect"

"Positive" Elijah agreed, squeezing her hand tightly; the anticipation almost killed him

"Okay; whatever happens, whatever scares you here, nothing can hurt you, nothing can touch you, do not break the circle unless you feel it absolutely necessary, okay?" She went through the instructions like it was a fair ground ride- keep your hands and feet in the circle at all time

Hayley and Elijah nodded quietly. It was so complicated, so serious.

Phesmatos Manex, Un Domo Hax, Fero Adiuvex

Mia began to loudly chant, in perfect timing for a bolt of lightning to strike, lighting up the night sky. The howls of wind and thunder intertwined within each other, creating the most atmospheric sound to Match the situation.

"Lottie, are you here?" She called out, her eyes shut tightly as wind began to pickup inside of the house, blowing Hayley's hair in front of her face.

At first there was nothing, except for the rain and the wind.

But then The pool of Elijah's Crimson blood started to bubble and boil, one drop escaped leaving a trail of blood to the square that said yes

"Tell us what happened to you, please" she called out louder this time and more demanding than Elijah had heard, to overcome the wind and the thunder outside "tell us the truth, show us"

Lighting struck again, plunging the trio in to pitch black. Elijah held tightly on to both girls hands as he didn't trust them to keep hold. He needed them to keep hold, he needed to know.

The next thing you know; with his eyes wide open, a figure emerged in the light of the Lightning bolts, disappearing as the room faded but reappearing closer each time. The light didn't last long enough for Elijah to recognise her until she was so close; the strobes played havoc with his supernatural vision.