10

Josephine's room hadn't been touched ever since she had passed. Everything was still the same.

Her bed sheets were the same, her curtains, her drawers, her clothes, everything.

Lottie held her anger in as she cried uncontrollably. Her focus directing to the drawers at the end of the room.

Josephine had her own little secrets, she kept them all locked away in a diary, in a locked drawer.

Privacy had been a great thing in the past, Lottie always knew where she hid the key but never did anything to invade her privacy.

Until now. She needed answers. Answers she could not hear from her father.

The brass key was hidden under the rug that covered the middle of the floor. Lottie lifted the edge and retrieved it, before heading over and jiggling the key in the lock.

It was a bit tough, the draw was so old that it was stuck. So with both hands grasped on to it, Lottie pulled as hard as she could until it opened so quick that she was almost thrown of her chair.

The only thing that lay in the drawer was a burgundy, leather journal.

With careful hands, she gently picked it up and flicked to the last entry she had ever written. There she believed, she would get the answers.

He knows. Father knows about my sins and I can no longer hide it from him. He hasn't spoken just yet, but I am readying myself for the worst.

I have thrown my essentials in to a case and I will run in the morning. I am sure my love will house me for a few days and then we can run together.

"My love?" She whispered to herself, that can't be, because Lottie knew that she stayed with William in her last few days.

Maybe if she flicked back a little, skimming the pages, she could find the father of Josephine's child. And prove to herself that William was a last resort.

I saw him today; that beautiful smile haunts my every move, I close my eyes and all I can see is him. I fear I am falling in love.

His name is William, and I never knew I was capable of this much feeling for a man, but I am.

Lottie inhaled sharply at the sight of his name written in her handwriting, written with so much care. She flicked over and read the next few pages.

I had the most amazing night with him tonight.

"No" Lottie shook her head as she was reading, "no no no"

How could this happen? How could he have done that to her and moved on so quickly to her sister.

The diary shut firmly and she threw it across the room, making it burst into flames in anger. It was time to get the answers from his mouth, it was time to find out why.

She stormed downstairs, back in to the dinner party which had took a very awkward turn.

"How could you?" She shouted, directing it towards William

Elijah stood up ready to restrain her, but she made it quite necessary that she wouldn't need any restraint.

"What do you mean?" William asked innocently

"How dare you keep that secret from me?" Lottie shouted, seeing William's eyes widen as he realised what was going on

"What is happening?" Joseph intervened

"He was the father of my sisters child" she pointed to her fiancé

Joseph didn't say anything. He didn't seem shocked, or surprised, or angry.

"What?" She asked "say something! Say that he can't be here anymore!"

Joseph sighed "I'm not going to do that sweetie"

"Why?"

"Because I know all about it" Joseph replied

Lottie took a moment to compose herself. Her hurt eyes made Elijah just want to comfort her, to take her away from the madness.

He had never seen a family so messed up since... Well since his own. He knew how it felt, and being one against them all wasn't the best feeling.

"You allowed him to ask for my hand in marriage after knowing that he and my sister were going to have a baby?" She asked almost calm

"I can explain" William held his hands up. Elijah wanted to rip his head off, everything he did made Elijah want to rip his head off.

Klaus looked at his brother with a smirk on his face, his eyebrows raised as if to say do it

"I don't think I want to hear it" she said "as a matter of fact I don't think I want to hear anything from you... Ever again" she slid the ring off her finger and aggressively punched it into his hand "the wedding is off"

"I won't be so quick to say that" Joseph said "there will be consequences"

"I loved your sister, but not in the way I love you, Josephine was lovely, but she was obsessed with me" he began, leading Lottie to scoff in disagreement "I humoured her for a while, we went on and after speaking to Joseph, we came to the agreement that a union between the witches and the humans would be a good idea"

"That doesn't sound familiar whatsoever" Lottie hissed

"I made a mistake, what me and your sister did before marriage was an awful mistake" he shook his head "but when she was murdered, we knew that for the fate of your coven, we had to form a union"

"So you screwed my sister, waited for her to die and then try to marry me?" She asked

"You're making it sound crazy, my dear" William slowly walked up to her "you were the one I saw, you were the one I wanted"

Lottie looked up at him as he took her hands gently "and you know what will happen if this marriage doesn't go on as planned" his tone began to sound threatening at the same time as gentle

"I don't" her voice shook. Was she scared of this man?

"Humans will take the reigns as they have, that means they will began to burn witches at the stake again, starting with me, you, our coven" Joseph interrupted

Obviously Elijah wouldn't let that happen . Not to Lottie.

Elijah stared at William's hands which had latched on to Hers. To his dismay, he saw him slide the diamond ring back on to her finger, without her protest.

"The wedding will go on" William said, patronising her like a child

"Yes" she nodded

"I think that ends our dinner party" Klaus clapped is hands together and stood up "Elijah would you accompany me out, and let these love birds heal"

"Of course" he gritted his teeth as they thanked the family for their hospitality (if that's what you call it) and left.