32

Elijah hid behind the bushes that grew around the plantation. Mia and Klaus by each of his sides.

"What's the plan?" Mia asked

"I'm going to go in there, grab Lottie and kill anyone who dares stand in my way" Elijah explained "there's no plan"

"No" Klaus refused "there'll be witches posted at each corner of the house; you need a strategic way of entering or else you'll get caught"

Elijah could feel them judging. He wasn't crazy, he wasn't insane or idiotic "I'm not stupid" he growled, peering through the hole of the bushes to see two witches walk inside "two more have gone, it's my chance"

Elijah made to move but immediately turned around "stay here; if anything happens then help"

Klaus was dumbfounded. Why should he have to miss out on all of the action? A witch massacre would go down really well right about now.

But klaus silently nodded. It was after all Elijah's girl, so he would obey Elijah rules for the first time in forever.

The original vampire stood up and sped over, his back meeting against the wood of the barn, just by the side of the door.

It was when he was there, he knew he couldn't turn back, but he also knew that he should have been a tad more strategical about it all.

Be was already half way through the door when his thoughts managed to catch up with him. But to his surprise; Lottie wasn't in there. Instead of the loving embrace he hoped to receive, two unfamiliar witches greeted him with a aneurism in the brain and an axe to his spine.

The unbelievably agonising pain didn't start when the axe hit dead on his spine. It begun when the two witches made a break for it, talking as if he could hear, speaking about the house.

Elijah's cheek met with the floor as he began to act as if he was dead (temporarily) so he could just listen in to the conversations.

"Let's join Melody and Anita in the house, they need all the help they can get where that witch hybrid is concerned" one said to the other

"Why can't Delilah look after her, it's her job after all?" The other complained as they walked through the door and shut it.

Elijah jumped up as quickly as he could, reaching around the back to pull out the axe which had been buried very deep within his spine.

He quickly whipped his jacket of too. He was so warm he didn't know how he could cope, and so he undid the top two buttons of his blouse aswell.

He was wearing a pastel blue blouse, almost white. But now it had been blanketed with the growing stain of crimson.

With his hands planted firmly on the ground, Elijah managed to push himself up as he felt his flesh and skin sew themselves back together until it was as if nothing ever happened.

Strategic. He had to be strategic. There were four witches in there as well as Lottie and God only knows what personality she has decided to hold on to today.

He needed to check whether he was allowed in or not. If this house was signed over to anyone but the state, he would not be allowed to step a foot inside.

And so when he reached the door step, Elijah quietly opened the door. There he caught sight of a witch, one of them whom he had previously had a run in with.

Her back was faced towards him as she was rummaging through the old set of drawers.

If he was allowed in. It was his chance now.

Elijah's leather shoe lifted from the outside and attempted to cross the boundary. A sigh of relief fell from his lips as his foot landed on the door mat inside.

And so he sped. Covering the witches mouth and nose with his strong, large hand to prevent any noise from being made, he swiftly jolted to the side and cracked her neck.

"That's one" he whispered under his breath as he exhaled, leaving the dead witch on the floor.

Elijah focussed his hearing to try and locate Lottie. Her heartbeat was easily identifiable; as it was racing so much it almost deafened him.

And she wasn't far away either. It only took him a few seconds to walk into the living room for him to spot her on the sofa.

"Elijah" she sat up with wide eyes "you came for me?"

He nodded with a large smile on his face, his arms opened ready for her o jump in.

Elijah buried his face into her hair and kissed her neck as he held on tight to her. How many times does she have to be taken away from him? How many times does he have to find her and bring her back to him?

"There's four witches" Lottie said, paranoia creeping up as she kept looking behind them

"I wouldn't worry about that" Klaus walked in to the living room "the remaining three have shuffled off their mortal coil"

The two were so busy in their re Union, they didn't realise Niklaus saunter I'm non chalantly, walk upstairs and simply kill the others.

Elijah rolled her sleeve up to look, the mark had seemed to fade from the top half of her arm and now there wasn't long to go until they reached the climax; to kill or to save. Depending on what they can do beforehand of course.

she changed the subject swiftly before Elijah could say anything about it.

"What happened to you?" Lottie ran her fingers over Elijah's collar which was completely stained

"That doesn't matter" Elijah refused "what matters is getting you home and getting you in bed"

I'm always in bed she moaned to herself, was she that fragile? Lottie hated being so vulnerable and so weak in their eyes.

"I can't" she immediately reminded herself "tonight's the first full moon I've witnessed since my resurrection; I can't help myself from turning"

"Then we will make you a ring" Elijah replied "you don't have to"

"I want to" she snapped "please don't argue with me, I feel as if I get angry then I'll change again" her eyes closed and her hand rubbed her forehead to soothe the banging headache

"Okay" Elijah complied

"Now just get me out of here"