19

Present day

"Elijah, stay with me" Hayley tried to slap him out of the situation he was in but it was no use. He needed Klaus' blood to heal him, or he would just have to wait it out.

The wolf bite on his wrist bubbled and seeped with puss. "Hayley you need to go; you see what happens when I'm in this state" he pleaded

"No, as I've said before, I am not leaving" she took a cold cloth and placed it over Elijah's sweating forehead "I can handle myself now I'm a hybrid"

"Yet a wooden stake can kill you" Elijah groaned in pain "that's not too hard for me to do"

"Well, I'll put up a hell of a fight" she pressed the cloth on his head, plunging them both in to a flashback of Elijah's past lives

"Unfortunately your word means nothing until you prove it to be right" Lottie said "thank you for all of your help today, and it was a privilege meeting you...?"

"Elijah" he finished

"Who is that?" Hayley asked curiously as she jumped back in to her reality, the girl wasn't familiar and she swore Elijah had never mentioned another girl

"Nobody" Elijah tossed and turned on the sofa

"Didn't seem like nobody" Hayley remarked to herself

Elijah yelped out again "where is Klaus when you need him?" Hayley asked, they resided in a little cabin in the bayou, where Hayley's pack lived, and where Elijah was inevitably but for his attitude and rash behaviour.

Elijah paid a visit as he had heard rumours of witches plotting against the vampires and recruiting wolf by wolf. He got in to a brawl with one who had already been recruited and the others made themselves known, by biting him and trying their best to end his life.

Hayley jumped in and it was all a big mess, eventually she dragged Elijah to privacy where she contacted Klaus and held Elijah down so he couldn't run off and do something he would regret.

Klaus didn't see it as necessary to make a trip out of his way to the bayou when there was so much more that needed to be done. Especially when witches are trying to rise above them.

Hayley took the cloth of and went to change it, resulting in yet another flashback.

Elijah leant his head in until their foreheads pressed against each other. His warm breath dancing across her nose and lips.

She nuzzled in closer, both of them hesitant on whether they should do carry on with it.

Elijah was the one to make the move. His lips brushed against hers in a gentle motion, giving her chance to adjust to fit to his or to tear herself away.

"That's definitely not nobody Elijah" Hayley remarked

"I don't particularly feel like talking about my past relationships at this precise moment" Elijah spoke quickly with pain in his voice as the venom cut deeper into his stomach, burning his throat and every other part of his body.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

The awkward silence in the car was almost deafening as Hayley didn't want to speak for the only things that would come out of her mouth would be directed towards that girl in his thoughts.

And Elijah didn't want to make anything worse and he particularly didn't want to speak of Lottie.

"that girl" Hayley started as Elijah pulled up outside of the compound "tell
Me about her?"

Elijah sighed, Hayley was stubborn and he knew he wouldn't be able to get away from this no matter how much he tried.

"Her name was Lottie" he managed to begin "I met her in the 1700's around these parts, she was a beautiful soul"

Hayley couldn't help but feel a tiny bit of jealousy over how he spoke about her. She thought if he ever spoke about her in that way.

"She was a witch who was force in to a union with a human to save her coven, it was an awful time, she had lost friends and family to this ripper who had terrorised the town" he breathed, trying to explain "we stupidly fell for each other in a time where we knew it was wrong. Eventually, she got married... To someone else"

"Something happened to her" Hayley could tell from the tone of his voice and how the mood had quickly dampened.

"A day after the wedding, they held this grand ball, me and Lottie planned to meet, to see if we could stop these awful killings" Elijah shut his eyes as Hayley took his hand to see what happened

As Hayley watched what happened from her mind, Elijah narrated.

"She tried to tell me something; but I was so distracted by Niklaus and what he was doing, I didn't listen, I left her" he explained "I came back in, she wasn't there, I couldn't find her until I was directed to the balcony above"

Hayley watched as Elijah's younger figure searched through the crowd and eventually walked up the stairs. Her heart beat began to race as she knew something was terribly wrong.

"I walked in" he said slowly "to find her dead. She had killed herself."

Hayley inhaled sharply at the sight of Elijah holding the body in his arms and rocking as if he were insane.

"Elijah I-" she felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt for making him disclose that information

Elijah took his hand away from hers "and that's why you must understand that I can't... We can't be anything more than this" he explained "Niklaus always seem to weasel his way in"

Hayley closed her mouth and nodded in silence. Nobody could deny the tension between the two but every single time they had to overcome hurdles that one of them just couldn't do.

"So where are you going now?" Hayley asked, Elijah was to drop her off at the compound and then run an errand

He took a folded piece of paper from his inner pocket and unfolded it. "I have an address, I'm going to visit a witch that is not tied to any coven, nor positioned against us in any way. I'm
Hoping to form an alliance with her"

"I know where that is" Hayley volunteered "let me come with you"

"Hayley-" Elijah began to protest

"I'm coming with you"
-
Merry Christmas guys!!!! Hope
You get everything you wanted :D I love the holidays!!!