君へ ➳ h.s [1/?]

To You

synopsis: untold feelings
that was never given
a second chance

• • • • • •

     Hinata Shouyou and (Full Name) were best friends for as long as their adolescent minds could even register. Their families were close and the two of them had been born a day apart; saying their lives were spent looking after each other is an understatement, since anyone could pretty much consider them as predestined partners.

     This is a story of two kindred spirits falling in love with someone they can never be with.

     Being born in the household of two connecting bloodlines, their parents made a bet that their offsprings would eventually fall for one another and possibly marry in the near future. Of course, the budding flowers of affections and feeelings of these two youths were too oblivious of the premonitions of their adult companions, the expectations only growing wildly as they continue to spend the remaining days of their childhood with the company of one another.

     What they didn't expect is for that foretelling actually turning out to be the case a few years after their birth.

     At first Hinata and (Last Name) thought their relationship would merely stay as friendship alone, this deduction eventually turning out to be some kind of defense mechanism to protect what was already in there. Being young and naïve, besides of the fact that they have no actual experience to take the opportunity of confessing those emotions, one hastily made the decision to ignore the feelings, while the other one decided to stick to being friends; afraid to overstep the boundaries and destroy their existing relationship.

     As the years continued to pass them by, the feelings they felt and decided to keep hidden intensified as a hard burning campfire. By then they knew how complicated and conflicting love was, who would have thought that keeping one's desire to have their feelings reciprocated will result into further deepening the attraction? Someone they know, perhaps, but they figured it would definitely not be them at all.

     “Really? Was he that awesome?” (First Name) gasped, completely absorbed by her friend's story that she simply couldn't keep her jaw from hanging. "Yeah! And then the Little Giant jumped so high! The ball went fwoosh!" As Hinata demonstrated how the person he saw in the TV performed, his contagious happiness eventually created a ripple of giggles from his female companion.

     "Then, Sho-chan, you should play volleyball too! Maybe even meet the Little Giant face to face!" She suggested, with her rosy cheeks complementing her child-like countenance. Hinata's heart echoed harshly inside his chest, he was used to seeing her smile and yet even though it wasn't even close to being a rare sight, his eyes noticed every difference in every smile. He didn't knew why, but his perception when it comes to her seem to skyrocket the charts when it comes to the things he actually pays attention to.

      He brushed these thoughts away, finding the need to seperate himself from spacing out. He smiled at her and nodded his head, feeling more fired up than ever, just hearing her encouraging words made him feel like he can do anything he wanted to do. All he needed was a push from behind by the person he hold dear inside his heart, and it was them against the world.

     As things remained unchanging along with their usual after school detours, they wished for nothing else but the simple happiness by having each other's side. The increasing sentiments seem to never wear down, and all they could do is to hide them away to preserve what they already have, this habit growing more and more practiced to the point they were able to fool their own feelings.