to heal a broken heart ➳o.t & k.tobio

synopsis: because when stars don't seem to align,
you have to take matters in your own hands.

***

Being rejected by your beloved is a hard thing to deal with. Your chance rate of him liking you back will gradually decrease and would end up disheartening you some more.

"Tooru-senpai! Do you want to watch a movie togeth--"

"Ah, sorry! I have to go somewhere with someone today." He said and started walking away. You watched him walk away from you until he was no longer visible in your sight. You looked down, trying to push away the fact that he was obviously making up excuses to avoid you.

But, you don't want to give up.

Was the thought you would always tell to yourself. Yes, you were naïve back then, and that naïveté made you to who you are by now.

"Oikawa has a girl he likes." Iwaizumi would tell you. "Are you sure you still want to stick with him?"

"And, (F/n). Why do you still strive for his attention when he doesn't even recognize you despite your efforts?"

The feelings of love you harboured for him became vague. You don't want to crush his happiness and yet you wanted to. You were confused whether to continue these feelings or to just stop them. You just love him. Is that reason not enough to answer why you're still with him?

***

"Hey, Hajime-senpai, Tooru-senpai, what school are you two going to attend to?" Oikawa shifted his gaze to Iwaizumi then back to you. "We're going to aim for Aobajousai." He smiled and your eyes sparkled. "Really?! That's great!"

"Mhm." He hummed, still smiling at you.

***

Walking at your usual road to home, you hummed and happily skipped around as you slightly bit your (f/f) popsicle.

And that's when you saw Oikawa walking with a girl whom you assumed to be a girl on the same grade as him.

They were smiling sweetly at each other and then you were sure this was the girl Iwaizumi was talking about.

And when he caught glimpse of you, his eyes widened in shock. The girl also looked at you. "Someone you knew?" She asked and he shook his head and chuckled, as if he was nervous.

Your heart shattered into a million pieces. It wasn't the fact that he has someone else that hurted you, instead it was the fact that you were only a speck of dust to him while he was your whole world.

He was well aware of the feelings you had for him and yet he said that in front of you.

"The world is not going to disappear." You whispered to yourself. "So, it's a waste to just have one love in your whole life."

"This was the first time I felt that I was deeply in love with someone," tears began to roll in your cheeks as the sunset's rays slightly stings your eyes. "And yet, at that very same moment,"

"It also felt like it was already over."

***

The normal days of him ignoring your offers continued. And you just sighed in defeat as your best friend sat beside you, sipping his juice while watching the other students do their usual routine during PE class.

"You've been sighing a lot lately," he stated, still looking at the people before you. "Something wrong?" You shrugged and he knew all too well about what's wrong but he wanted to hear it directly from you, so he tried waiting. Patiently, as you might consider since he wasn't the type to rush things.