beginning and the end ➳ y.t

requested by: mariluv013

synopsis: Yamaguchi Tadashi first saw you when he looked outside the window, when you gave him a smile, he was sure he fell in love with someone he doesn't know.

And well of course, watching over someone also means....

****

April 9, 2015

Yamaguchi Tadashi was looking outside the window as he remained all alone in the quiet classroom, watching the pink petals of cherry blossom trees fall slowly to the ground.

Five minutes more and his classmates will go rushing in one by one with the signal of the school bell so he wanted to indulge himself with the view of his school even if it's just for a short amount of time.

While looking below him, however, he caught a glimpse of a person with (h/l) (h/c) hair, their locks following the rhythm of the air, making his heart thump as he look at them with mouth slightly agape in the process.

Slowly, the person turned their back to meet his gaze, they must've felt the gaze Yamaguchi was giving them, his heart skipped a beat and his cheeks burned a little. They shared eye contact for a moment before the stranger's lips curved into a smile, nodding their head as if to acknowledge him.

His heart screamed he loves them when they walked away from his sight.

April 23, 2015

He carried a bunch of papers in his arms, the sheets occupying majority of the space of his upper half. He couldn't see well because their teacher just dumped it on him without fixing it up first and drat, his best friend wouldn't help him carry it either.

Whilst trying his best to remain his balance, Yamaguchi stopped in his tracks when he felt a tap on his shoulder, making him turn his head to meet the eyes of the person behind him. His cheeks reddened the instant he saw the person with his heart palpitating inside his chest, it was the one whom he fell in love at the very first sight.

"That looks heavy and bothersome," the person spoke, still giving him the same kind smile that made him love them. "shall I carry half of it for you?"

Yamaguchi shook his head in panic despite the kind offer, he couldn't make this person carry out a burden he was told to deliver, it was rude and at the same time he didn't want to bother them on helping him.

"It's okay." They assured him. "I may not look like it but I'm pretty strong." As if to support this statement, they proceeded to take the weight of papers out of his hold and Yamaguchi can't help but glue his eyes on this person. "Enough to carry papers, that is." They giggled, making him blush more as he heard their soft laugh.

"Thank you." He said. "No problem, I was heading to the faculty room as well anyway."

He couldn't help thinking it was fate.

April 28, 2015

He was on cleaning duty.

Of course, he never liked it. I mean, who likes to clean when everyone already left? He doesn't want to get left behind, but he had no choice. Good thing they have practice today.

Or so he thought.

While putting away the cleaning materials, he received a message from his best friend telling him that they don't have practice and that they were dismissed earlier than the usual, this made the freckled male bit his lip, he expected that Tsukishima might've went home before him and so he rushed on finishing up and went to get his bag.

Stepping into the corridor, he saw a familiar figure at the doorway of Class 1-5. He gulped his own spit as he began to walk towards them, feeling his presence, they turn their head to meet his gaze. "Oh, it's you!" They said in delight when they saw Yamaguchi, giving him a smile, they eyed the classroom where he came from. "We're near to each other's class? What a coincidence!" They laughed elegantly, this made his heart thump crazy more than before, he expected this to happen anyway.

"Are you on cleaning duty, too?" Yamaguchi asked and they nodded their head. "Everyone left already so I was a bit worried going downstairs alone, do you mind accompanying me?" They asked politely, and Yamaguchi knew that he couldn't say no so he nodded his head in response.

They chatted and made introductions that they forgot to make during their second encounter, he found out that their name was (L/n) (F/n), his cheeks heats up whenever he repeats the name in his mind, and he doesn't know how much he can hide this feelings he had for them, but he was sure he can for the mean time.

And so, their relationship progressed.

September 4, 2015

"Really? Wow, that's amazing!" (F/n) said in amazement as they found out that Yamaguchi was practicing float serve, a special move that was complex to do. "I-I'm not that great at it though." He said before scratching the back of his neck, but (F/n) doesn't think otherwise.

"You are!" They encouraged him. "I mean, it's something hard to do so that's really great since you managed to do it even for just a small amount of time! Even if it's hard, you keep practicing it and that's amazing!" Patting his shoulder, they gave him a smile. "You don't have to down yourself all the time, Tadashi."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Is it okay if you watch over me?" He asked out of blue and embarrassed him big time when he realised what he had said. "I-I mean-!"

"Of course." (F/n) answered, making Yamaguchi surprised. "Just promise that you'll watch over me, too!" They smiled, and it was too contagious that it brought a smile in his features as well.

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

They linked their pinkies as they chanted.

November 13, 2015

Yamaguchi and (F/n) became close.

They knew each other so well that he started to think that maybe he has at least a chance to become their significant other.

So he thought about confessing.

As the bell rang signalling for the end of the school day, he breathed out in relief as he remained alone in the classroom.

Just like the first week of his school days, he looked outside the window, the only difference was there were no longer cherry blossoms and it was the season of the fall. As dry leaves fell out of the trees, in a distance he saw (F/n), just like when he first saw them.

His heart stopped when they turned around; but instead of meeting his gaze like that moment, their eyes looked at something behind their back.

No.

Someone.

There was someone walking towards them.

His mind screamed at him to turn around and don't watch but he remained at that position, looking at them with wide eyes.

They linked their fingers and held hands, he could feel his heart breaking at the sight of this.

While walking ahead, (F/n) turned their head towards Yamaguchi's way, seeing the sight of him made them smile and wave at him.

And of course, he had to do the same.

When they were out of sight, Yamaguchi's smile fell and was replaced with bitter tears rolling down his cheeks.

He laughed at how the span of the seasons reminded him of his love.

When it started, it was fruitful, cherry blossoms bloomed beautifully as it symbolised new beginnings, greeting his love with a warm welcome.

When it ended, however, it was empty, those trees no longer blooming and the leaves silently waved goodbye as it touched the ground; it was the end.

"No hard feelings." He said with a shaky breath before breaking into a fit of sobs.

****

...watching them find their true love in the process.