collapse ➳ a.k & b.k

note

A VERY short oneshot.

usage of they/them pronouns.
you can choose whether it's akaashi or bokuto you confessed to.
you are also the one deciding whose heart will be broken.

****

for a star to be born,

there is one thing that must happen:

a gaseous nebula must collapse.

****

"I like you!" (First name) said as they lowered their head. Avoiding eye contact from the person they like standing just in front of them. He was shocked, to say at least, but gradually relaxed after a while. Giving (First name) a pat on the head, they lifted up their face to see that he was smiling gently down at them. "I like (First name), too."

"T-Then—" With a finger placed above their lips, (First name) had no choice but to stop talking. "So? May I court you then?" He asked and (First name) nodded their head, blushing hardly as they held hands with their special person.

It was the best day of their life.

However, despite this being something memorable, it was also something unbearably heart-wrenching for someone else.

He always liked (First name). But he knew that his best friend and (First name) had something going on between them. They had chemistry. And adding another chemical might destroy the perfect formula. He didn't want that. Especially when all he wanted was to see his special person happy.

He painfully forced a smile to form on his face, closing his eyes as he held the place where he felt the unbearable sting emanating from his heart. Chuckling bitterly, he began pitying himself as a stray tear fell down from his left eye. "Here's hoping."

"I wish you the best, and congrats to you; first love of mine."

He had to collapse. No. This is not the end. He had to collapse so that he can find another again; he had to collapse in order to make way for a new beginning.

He had to collapse to find happiness once again.

****

so, collapse.

crumble.

for this is not your destruction;

this is your birth.