Chapter 6 - oprtation

Charlotte Crawford

Goliad City, Texas

1 Weeks Before

    "Charlotte, we got a proposition for you," said Restler. James, Maria, and him had just finished talking. They were now all gathered in the cramped living room standing in a semicircle from Charlotte.

    "We want you to wear a wire and a cam and inform on any possible threats in the local high school," said James. "You will be given a new identity, Bella Jordans, daughter of Master Chief Petty Officer Henry Jordans of the Navy. Your father was recently stationed at Corpus Christi but instead of living on base he wanted you to experience a regular teenage lifestyle, something you never had while you were with him rotating bases."

    "Keep your eyes open for anything suspicious but what we are mostly focused on is the Cartel selling drugs to the local high," interjected Maria.

    "So this in other words, NARC for us or we send you to the police," said Restler coldy. "Any questions?"

    Wait they aren't going to turn me in? I get to start over with a new identity at a new school? This sounds almost too good to be true.

    "Where will I be living?" asked Charlotte. Not the most important question but it was the first thing that came to her mind.

    "Right here with us," said Restler. "Welcome to the safehouse."

    "This is the address," said James as he handed Charlotte a piece of paper. "We understand you may need to bring in a contact or two in order to reinforce the cover of your story but the less people who know the better."

    "So no parties here kid," laughed Maria. "The government is paying for this shit. By the way, I'm Special Agent Maria Menendez with the DEA, this is James Compton of the FBI, and we still got no idea what Restler is a part of but we just roll with him."

    "OGA," Restler says.
    "We fucking know," replied James. "You only say that about .. I don't know, five times a day."

    "Anyway, welcome to the Goliad Station Task Force," said Maria. "You in?"

    I couldn't care less about drugs. Kids are always going to buy them no need to get a whole spy team to track them, but a fresh start ... I could use that.

    "I'm in," replied Charlotte. She got off the couch. "When do I start?"