Chatper 8 - Take down

Charlotte Crawford

Goliad City, Texas

Present day

        "So how was your date?" Asked Gabby excitedly. She had sprinted over to ask as Charlotte got off the school bus.

        "What? Oh hello. It was nice," said Charlotte. "He took me to a fancy restaurant and we talked."

        He talked. I just sat there listening to his lewd jokes and bragging. And I thought it was the girl who was suppose to talk too much.

        "Awwww that's totes adorbs," squealed Gabby. "Hey look there's Hayleigh."

Hayleigh was strutting toward them in high heels and a pink dress that cut off at her knees.

        "Hey Hails," said Gabby. "Why so fancy today?"

        "I'm going on a date after school and I don't want to go home and change," replied Hayleigh. "It's with Aaron Parker."

        "Oh nice girllllll!" Said Gabby. "Oh, and Bella are you going to be going on any more dates with John?"

        "Definitely!"replied Charlotte. "And Hayleigh, you and Aaron would make such a cute couple."

        They would make an average couple. Hayleigh seems a bit too much for someone as passive as Aaron.

        "Charlotte, you mind walking with me?" asked Hayleigh. "Since you're still new here I would love to give you a tour of the football field."

        "Yeah we should totally do that," interjected Gabby.

        "No Gabs, wait here for Annie and Angela so we can get the whole gang together."

Without waiting for a response Hayleigh grabbed Charlotte's hand and dragged her off behind the school.

        "So, do you like John?" asked Hayleigh.

        "Umm yeah I guess he's nice," lied Charlotte.

        "Don't bluff.I can see that you despise him. Every time I mention his name you make the same disgusted facial expression for a quarter of a second."

Hayleigh smiled at Charlotte's shocked face.

        "I can always tell a lie. But anyway the reason I brought you here is to ask you something." Hayleigh paused and waited for Charlotte to speak.

        "What?" stuttered Charlotte.

        How the fuck could she tell all of that! Is she mad at me for dating her ex? Is that why she is dating Aaron? Does she thinks she is going to make me jealous? Hah!

        "I want you to continue dating him," said Hayleigh slowly. She gave a dramatic pause. "And then break his heart."

        Well that was unexpected.

        "Um......" Charlotte didn't know what to say.

        "As you might have guessed, John and I used to be close," said Hayleigh. "We dated for three months ... the longest that he has ever been with a single girl, but he had to break that streak and ran off with some freshman whore."

        "Awww," said Charlotte sympathetically. Compared to what I went through with Mitch this was child's play, but she didn't want to mock Hayleigh.

        "He broke my heart," said Hayleigh. "And I want him ... for once ... to feel how I feel ... how a million girls who have been played by him felt. Can you do that for me Bella? I know we just met, but I feel so close to you. Please? For me?"

A shot at romanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें