XVIII Encounters

Chapter 18

J A S O N

"Good morning baby" I mumbled against Ariana's hair as her head was rested on my bare chest.

"Morning handsome" she interlaced our hands as we were sprawled out on our bed.

"What do you wanna do today?" I asked, playing with my hair with my free hand.

She smiled, looking intensely into nothing, "I wanna go see an old friend tonight" she looked up at me when my smile faded, she furrowed her short brows at me.

"What's wrong ?" She questioned, now sitting,her feet crossed. I just rolled my eyes, shifting away from her petite body.

"Do what you want" I got up, getting mad, I know it might sound crazy, but I knew that the friend she wanted to see was Jacob. I felt it. She wanted to talk to him. I couldn't help but feel my blood boiling. I felt slightly betrayed.

We had just shared a beautiful night together, and the next morning she wanted to go to Jacob ? Jacob ? Really ?

But if she wants to, let her right ? Let her do whatever the hell she wants to.

I had to do some business anyway, but I was gonna blow it off to be with my girl, but now I'm gonna do it.

///

5 hours later

"Take the car" I mumbled,throwing Ariana a pair of keys to my BMW. She sat at the couch, watching tv. Her hair in a neat ponytail and a white lace crop top with high waisted jeans and white nike air forces on her feet.

She looked good, but she's gonna go see Jacob and that raged me . But if that's what she wants to do, I'll let her.

I walked passed her as heard her let out a very heavy sigh.

"Jason, what's your problem!" She yelled, her hands moving in the air as she now stood directly in front of me

"You're my problem! Just -just get out !" I screamed, pulling on my ringlets, my anger raising more as I saw her. I felt my hands becoming sweaty and my body shook. I couldn't take seeing her, knowing she was going to go see the guy that likes her. I'm letting her go though.

"If that's what you want then hell yeah, I'll leave" she quickly reaches for the keys to the new 2016 model and sassily walked through the front door before I heard the engine fade away.

I screamed before heading to my office, needing to distract myself for her and my job seems to do that. At least sorta.

"Ryan I need you to get down there. I haven't been going to missions because I wanted to stop that you know it" I explained to him for like the hundredth time as I held on to my iPhone 6 plus on my ear.

"Jason you know you're not gonna last sitting your ass on a chair, you're Jason McCann, you're gonna be back on the missions soon if you want it or not. I'm gonna do the mission, but you're gonna be back here soon enough." with that Ryan hung up, what was that ? Ryan needs to hop off my -

My phone at the end of my cherry wood desk started ringing. I examined the caller ID, it was unknown which was odd but I picked up anyways.

"Yes?" I questioned, clearing my throat. I bit on my bottom lip when I didn't get a response.

"Jason" I heard a deep man's voice, which was eerily familiar. I just couldn't recall at the moment.

"Who is this" I was becoming extremely curious about the identity of this man.