Twelve-My New Best Friend

*Picture of Ryan Dixon------>>*

The next few days went by pretty quickly. There's nothing like spending eight hours surrounded by people who you can't stand. Seriously, I'm just ready to graduate already and leave this stupid school. I don't know why, but lately it seems like I'm always on edge. I snapped at my mother on Tuesday morning because she didn't buy the right jelly for my toast.

Ridiculous, I know.

It was now Thursday, and I was stressing over a test I had in my Principals of Democracy class. I really hadn't studied for it and I was worried about getting a bad grade. I tried studying during lunch in the library but my brain is just not functioning today. So that put me in a bad mood.

I was making my way to class when someone bumped my shoulder as they passed by. I ended up dropping my binder, causing a few papers to fly out.

"Great." I said sarcastically. I got down and started to pick up the papers. I thought I had them all until someone handed me two more papers. I looked up and saw that it was Ryan handing them to me.

He smiled at me. "Losing your papers?"

I grabbed the papers and stuffed them into my binder. I stood up and looked at him. "More like losing my mind." I sighed.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I'm just in a bad mood and I don't want to deal with people."

"Then you shouldn't come to school if you don't want to deal with people." Ryan chuckled. "Or any public place for that matter."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well thanks for that wonderful advice."

"So are you ready to take pictures tomorrow?" He asked me.

Pictures? What was he talking about? "What?" I asked, confused.

His eyebrow rose. "The pictures for the wedding. Remember? We're supposed to have our outfits by today."

"Oh crap." I closed my eyes. As if I didn't have enough to deal with. Now I have to get that stupid dress so we can take stupid pictures tomorrow.

"You forgot." Ryan said, sounding amused. I nodded. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm barely getting my tux this afternoon."

"I can't believe I forgot about my dress." I said then sighed. "Well if you'll excuse me, I have to go make a phone call to my mother." I said as I started to walk around him. I felt his arm grasp mine and pulled me back in front of him.

"I could take you with me this afternoon. I can get my tux and you can get your dress." He suggested.

I pursed my lips. It would save me from getting yelled at by my mom. She would probably get all peeved off about me not telling her until last minute. "Okay." I nodded. "I'll go with you."

Ryan smiled. "Great. I'll meet you at the front entrance of the school when the bell rings."

***

Good news, I passed my Principals of Democracy test with an 89. It wasn't an A, but it was close enough.

Bad news, I forgot to finish the homework that was due today and I got scolded by my teacher.

Once the bell rang, I made my way out of the classroom and started to walk towards the front entrance. Honestly, all this wedding stuff is the least of my worries right now. But if I forgot to get my dress in time for the pictures, that would be so disrespectful and I would be letting Anna down.

I noticed Ryan leaning against the wall near the front doors. He saw me walking towards him and pushed himself off the wall.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded. "Let's go then."