Love is a shattering effect

It was like any other night. We had spent most of the night talking as we usually did but something felt different on this night. I remember sending him this exact text and him replying with the words that shattered everything and left my life lying in pieces among the dirt of his darkness that he had encased me in. I remember texting: "Hey. Can I tell you something? (He replied with the words: Talk away) I think I like you Troye. I actually think I am in love with you which I know is completely out of the blue and also really stupid because I have only known you a few months but I think I am Troye." What he replied with started his encasement of me into his darkness and then continued until I became shattered and broken. He replied with: "Connor. I find this incredibly hard to say and I am really sorry but I am not in love with you like you are. I do like you a tiny bit but I need to sort out my head first because it's incredibly crazy that a guy is in love with me because I haven't come out yet. I am really sorry but I can't say I love you back when I don't and when I don't feel as comfortable as you to like someone of the same sex. I think to be honest, it is going to be a bit difficult for the both of us to continue as friends so to be honest right now, we are over. As much as I don't want us to be over, I think it's a bit easier than me feeling uncomfortable because you like me but also because I don't like you back, making it hard for the both of us. I am really sorry but we are finish" At the end of this text, that was the last time I actually heard from Troye. Remember how I mentioned how he encased me in his darkness then shattered me like glass but also how everything was hanging over the edge? He drew me into a position where I fell in love with him before he pushed me away and broke me apart. I honestly don't want to remember the next part but I suppose with a story, you have to continue no matter how hard it gets and no matter how much it begins to tear you apart.