Chapter 24

She was my dream. She made me who I am, and being with her was more natural to me than my own heartbeat. Jade was more than I could have ever wished for and the thought that I could spend another moment with her made it all the more special. 

"Sam" her soft little voice caused me to quickly stand up, as I continued holding her hand tightly 

"Yes beautiful I'm right here" I smiled down at her "come on open your eyes" her eye lids began to flutter just slightly 

"Sam" she whispered again, I slowly lent down and placed my lips on hers and suddenly I felt her kiss me back finally after watching her helplessly I could feel her lips on mine. 

"I'm so sorry for everything" I began to cry pulling her body close to mine  

"Where" was all she could say but I knew exactly what she wanted to know 

"You're in the hospital because of me" I said softly trying to hold back tears, I slowly noticed her eyes beginning to open ever so slowly  

"Mam" she said softly  

"You want your mum, okay I'll get her" I kissed the top of her head and went to turn but I felt her little hand grip mine a little tighter as if she didn't want me to leave 

"Please" she said softly again this was so hard 

"But you want your mum don't you?" I turned back to her sitting and slowly stroking her head gently I just wanted to take away her pain, heal her and take her away from this horrible place.

~*~ 

Jades POV 

I felt so helpless lying there I knew what I wanted to say but I couldn't, I wanted to just open my eyes, I wanted to be able to move my body but I couldn't do anything I was motionless. 

I tried so hard to just open my eyes so I could see Sam but it wouldn't work. 

I slowly got my eyes to open just slightly so I could see a little but I couldn't focus on anything.  

"Beautiful just let me get your mum and the girls" Sam almost pleaded but I didn't want him to leave me I was scared, more like I was terrified 

"Don't..go" I was able to get out  

"I need to get someone, I promise ill come right back" he whispered stroking my head 

"I'm..scared" I whispered it was almost non-existent  

"I know you are Jadey but they need to see you and know that your alright they have been worried sick I don't think I've seen your mum move since you've been in here" he explained trying to convince me it would be okay. 

I slowly felt myself able to open my eyes it was slow but I was able to I looked at Sam who just looked at me almost in shock. 

"What?" I whispered again 

"I just can't believe you are actually looking at me I thought I had lost you" he whispered back before leaning and kissing my lips ever so gently I tried my best to kiss him back in the best way I could. I felt his hand on my cheek as a tear escaped my eye. 

"Why are you crying beautiful?" He asked softly wiping the tear as it fell. I couldn't say it, honestly I couldn't say anything but I wanted to tell him how happy I was that he was there by my side, I could have lost it all and not of even known it. 

"I wasn't ready to-" I paused I was so weak and every word that passed my lips was harder than the first 

"Don't have to say it I know, and I'm so sorry for doing this to you I didn't mean to lose control of the car" he began to cry in front of me, I mustered any strength I had in my right arm to lift it to his face so I could wipe his tears but my arm fell short. I felt Sam quickly catch it before it fell back to the bed lifting it to his face.