Chapter 16

All the wedding stuff is up there or on the side. The climax is really heating up as Erik and Marco are ready to ask Flora out... Who will Flora say yes to, though? 🤔🤗 - Priya 😀
-
-
-

"Priya! Lars! Congrats! How's your day going?" Sven smiled, hugging Lars and Priya.

"It's been so busy, so far... How's your little project?" Lars returned back the smile, looking over at the group while sipping his champagne.

"Uhh, Marco's nowhere to be seen, but I saw Erik winking and smiling at Flora a couple times..." Sven scratched the back of his neck.

"Marco's over there, talking with a very drunk Bastian, Poldi, Mario, and Thomas..." Priya pointed out towards where the latter were talking, hanging out by the buffet table. "If I were you, I'd probably need some luck."

"Alright, thanks Priya! I'll come back if I need you guys..."

-

-

-

"Marco, may I speak with you for a second, bitte?" Sven dragged Marco from his awkward conversation to a more private setting, the hallway.

"Ok, what would you like to talk about, Bender?" Marco raised his eyebrows suspiciously, glaring almost at Sven.

Sven started to sigh, before he saw Kevin coming out and grabbed him.

"Oh hey Marco, Sven... What's going on?" Kevin questioningly asked Sven before he covered Kevin's mouth.

Sven dropped his voice to a low whisper, "Find me Erik and gather the group in the room across from the hall... And have Lars and Priya come too for the interrogations..."

"Uhh, okay?"

-

-

-

"Uhh, Lars, liebe.... Can you come here a quick minute, bitte?" Priya politely grabbed Lars from his conversation with Julian B.

"Wha-what's wrong, liebe?" Lars had a look of concern on his face before he looked down at her phone.

"I got a call from Sven, come on..." Priya grabbed him to bring him to the hallway to continue the phone call, before they announced that they'd be back in a couple minutes.

Priya and Lars got through the crowd and got to the hallway, before Priya answered.

"Did you guys start interrogating them yet?"

"Yes, we were waiting for you guys... Come down to the room..."

-

-

-

"Why did you bring me in here, Sven?" Marco and Erik glared angrily at Sven, before Mesut butted in.

"Is it true that you and Erik are currently in a feud?"

"Nein..."

"We know you're lying, Marco Reus and Erik Durm..." The familiar voices cut him off, turning the light to their faces.

The faces were Lars and Priya with a look of seriousness on their faces with their arms crossed.

"Sagen Sie uns die Wahrheit, Marco!" (Tell us the real truth, Marco!) Lars lowly growled at him, trying to get Marco to spill.

"Okay, Erik und ich sind in Fehde..." (Alright, Erik and I are in a feud...) Marco sighed defeatedly, rubbing his face.

"Esta pregunta es para Erik. ¿Puedo preguntar quién es el que usted está luchando por?" (This question is for Erik. May I ask who it is that you're fighting over?) Juan spoke in Spanish and that confused the group.

Mesut sighed, before he translated in English, "Who are you guys fighting over?"

Erik huffed, rolling his eyes over at Marco, "We're fighting over Flora..."

Lars urged the rest of the group except for Manu, Calum, Sven, and David to leave him alone with Erik and Marco.

-

-

-

"Hey, what's wrong?" Priya frowned down at her friend, who was about to burst into tears and sat down next to her, by the wall.

"What? Oh, it's nothing... You're supposed to be enjoying today, not be stressed!" Flora wiped her tears, but Priya shook her head.

"I can detect that something's wrong... Is this about Erik and Marco?" Priya pulled out her phone, checking for updates from Lars.

"I-I just don't what t-to do!" Flora minorly burst in tears, causing Priya to grab a few Kleenexes from her purse.

"Here you go... Look Flora, you just can't face this alone... You got me, Lars, Sven, Manu, Kevin, Mario, Bastian, Lukas, and many more... Especially your brother, Thomas..." Priya softly smiled. "I just got an alert from Lars, come on!"

-

-

-

"Liebe, maybe we should go back to the reception... I think we should give Flora, Marco, und Erik some thinking time..." Priya softly grabbed Lars' hand and got out of the room.

After the door slowly shut, all that was surrounding Flora was darkness, Erik, and Marco.

There was an awkward silence before Erik cleared it up.

"Look, we understand if we caused you any pain... You don't have to do this..." Erik's clear blue eyes started to tear up as his voice clearly shook.

"Erik, don't cry because of me..." Flora wiped his tears away before Marco also started to flow tears from his green ones.

"We're s-so sor-sorry for c-causing you stress, Flora." Marco started to break down, sliding down to the floor, his head covered in his knees; muffling his cries.

"Can I ask you guys this?" Flora bit her lip, looking at the lads.

"Of course, an-anything you want, Flora.." Erik smiled, before he cleared his throat.

"Can you guys give me some time to think about this situation?"

"Of course, this isn't something to rush into... Take the time you need!"

"Oh, danke Jungs."

-

-

-

"Today was a hectic day, wasn't it, Priya?" Lars smiled, rubbing the ring.

"It was, but it's worth it."

"Ich liebe dich."

"Ich liebe dich auch, Lars."