Imagine #12 - Nightmare

Requested

Imagine Daryl having a nightmare and you being there to comfort him.

==========================

A good nights sleep was hard to find these days. Always half awake, listening for the slightest sound of danger.

With Daryl is was much easier. You felt safe and protected sleeping in his arms. It hadn't been this way long, and it sure took forever to get there seeing as daryl isn't the lovey cuddly type. He had to ease his way into it.

Right now you were enjoying the warmth his body provided. Your head on his chest and hand above his abdomen. The steady rhythm of his heart put you at peace. You weren't tired, you had took a nap earlier in the day.

Daryl however was very tired. He hadn't had a lick of sleep since finding his brother as a walker. He tried to shut everyone out but you refused to allow him to do so and he caved, allowing you to comfort him.

You were thinking of memories of the two of you when you noticed his heart rate pick up. You lifted your head from his chest and looked up at the man.

His peaceful face now replaced with a painful looking one. His lip would twitch every so often and occasionally he would grunt.

You sat up, debating on whether or not to wake him. He grunted loudly and jerked his head to the side before gasping loudly and sitting upright, checking his surroundings.

Small sweat beads form at the top of his forehead and his eyes land on you. His mouth agape and small pants escape them.

"Daryl?" You ask placing your hand on his shoulder.

Daryl just shakes his head and lays back down, bringing his hand up to his face and rubbing his eyes.

"Daryl what's wrong?" You ask again, gently brushing the side of his face with the back of your hand.

Daryl's blue eyes find yours and you could read the sadness all over. And reading emotions from him was a rare thing.  "Nightmare" he mumbled and rested his hand on your waist as you leaned over him, petting his face soothingly.

"Wanna talk about it?"

Daryl shakes his head. "Not really" he murmurs. "But I know ye' won't leave me alone" he whispers but smirks after.
He was right. Over the course you've been with him you've picked up his stubbornness.

"I learned from the best" You joke and poke his nose.

Daryl swatted your hand away and sighs, leaning up on his elbows. "It was about Merle" he mumbles, looking down.

You didn't say anything. You just wrapped you arms around him and laid him back down, running your hands through his hair and placing small kisses on top of his head.

"He was a walker... You were there and he bit you and-" Daryl started mumbling and you could hear the sadness and pain in his voice so you stopped him.

"Shh... It's okay... We're okay and I'm not going anywhere. I won't let that happen and I know you won't either" you whisper to him and hug him tightly.

Daryl nods and lifts his head to look at you, giving you a sad smile. You return the smile before leaning down and softly peck his lips. "I promise we'll be ok" you whisper, your breath fanning off his face.

Daryl nods and leans forward, kissing  you again. His hand goes behind your neck, holding you in place as his lips more perfectly against yours.

"Yer mine" Daryl mumbled against your lips. "Forever" he whispers breaking away and looking into your eyes.

"Of course" you whisper back.

"I love you" he admits and looks down.

You heart jumps at his words. A smile forms across your face. You never expected those 3 words from him. "I love you too Dare-Bear" you smile and kiss him.

Daryl groans and rolls off  "you ruined it" he complains.

You laugh and shake your head. He was a dork. Your dork.

=======================

Message me for requests! <3