Imagine #15 - Bailey

Imagine Norman had a daughter, and imagine you "meeting" her.
=========================

You and Norman had been officially together for roughly six months now. Somewhere around that amount of time.

You two had good communication, except on one subject and that was his kids.

He could never open up about them. You've seen the tattoos of both their names on his arm. And you've actually met Mingus, but you never met his daughter.

He talks about her all the time and he leaves once a weekend for an hour or two to go see her. And every holiday.

She never came over and he was never gone for more than two hours. It was odd.

You've questioned him about it several times but he just smiles and kisses your forehead. It got aggravating sometimes. If you guys were going to be serious, then you should be able to meet both his kids.

You decided to question it yet again as he walked in the door. "Hey" you greet, hugging him around the waist.

"Hi" he smiled and kissed the top of your head.

"I have a question" you state, unwrapping yourself from him.

"What's that?" He asks, going to the fridge to grab a pop.

"How come I can't meet your daughter?" You ask, crossing your arms.

Norman reappears with a drink in his hand. He smiled slightly and shrugs his shoulders before walking towards the living room, yet again avoiding the subject.

You groan and follow him "seriously Norman? Why do you do that everytime?" You say rather loudly.

"Do what?" He asks, not even looking at you while turning the tv on.

"Ignore me when I bring up your daughter"

Norman sighs. "It's not that big of a deal"

"It is! If you really love me and want this to be a serious relationship then I need to meet both your children, and I've already met Mingus. Why can't I meet the other one?" You shout, aggravated.

Norman chews on his lip and looks hard at the ground, as if he's studying the carpet. He then shakes his head. "You're not ready"

"Ready for what? We've been together for six months and known each other for a year" you argue.

"You just can't!" He snaps.

"Why Norman? Do you not love me enough to introduce me to her?!" You shout.

Norman growls before standing up. "That's not it!"

"Then what?! Please tell me because I don't understand" you plead.

Norman sighs and turns around for a second before turning back to face you. "Fine, you want to meet my daughter?" He says in a more calmer voice.

"Well yeah, that's what this whole conversation is about" you remark.

Norman grabs your hand and starts pulling you towards the front door. "Then let's go" he mutters.

"Wait but I look horrible and my clothes ar-" you start to say but he interrupts you.

"It doesn't matter." He mumbles.

"But-"

"Come one while it's still light out" he says while pulling you.

You quit arguing but still upset of how you look. You look like you just woke up, your hair a mess and pajamas. "Norman seriously, this isn't going to be a good impression" you say disappointed.