Chapter 12

{edited/rewritten}

hello, it's me. 

i was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet...

___

Chance's eyes met mine. He was breathing heavily and the look on his face made my heart drop into my toes. Chance looked like a very scary, angry Alpha and my wolf wanted me to submit to him and let him take us but I would never. I would never bow down to someone who truly holds no power over me. When I wasn't budging from my seat, Chance stormed over to us with Ryan right behind him.

"Get up." Chance growled, his eyes flashing between gold and his bright blue eyes. His wolf was fighting for control. He really needs to get that under control. It can be quite annoying when I'm just trying to live my life peacefully and this wolf comes out of nowhere trying to own me.

"No." I said, breaking eye contact with Chance. If looks could kill, I would be six feet under the ground already.

"Yes and don't make me repeat myself, I will just pick you up and take you home myself if you don't listen."

Hannah was already walking out of the diner with her mate, Ryan, who seemed pissed as well. Ryan was whispering something to Hannah and I tried picking up on it, but I couldn't focus on just them when Chance was seething in front of me.

"Are you even listening to me?" He asked, pulling me away from my thoughts of my best friend.

Don't respond. My wolf said, knowing how angry Chance and his wolf are. If I cared enough to please a grown man, maybe I would keep my mouth shut. However, I like adding fuel to the fire.

"No. If you're going to come in here and yell at me like I'm a child then I'm never going to listen to you. You are just as much an adult as I am and yet you can't even talk to me without getting angry. Do you need anger management classes? Perhaps you were never fully understood as a child and lack the decent human emotions to act like a good fucking person."

So, so stupid. My wolf whispered but I could hear the humor in her voice.

"You are the most insufferable girl I have ever met. You don't listen, you don't do as you're told, and you can never keep your pretty little mouth shut. Can you for once act like a fucking adult and just come home?"

If he had said the word 'please' then maybe, just maybe, I would have gotten up and walked out of this diner and went home with him. However, I don't like being talked to like I am a child and I sure as hell don't like being bossed around.

I scoffed at his question which only seemed to anger Chance more. When he finally realized that I was not getting up from this table, Chance lunged to grab me but I quickly dodged his hands. I quickly slid out of the booth and ran for the door, my wolf telling me that I was being stupid and that I should go back and calm him down before he shifts in the diner. Good thing this diner is run by mostly werewolves.

Knowing Chance was hot on my heels, I shifted as soon as I got outside and ran directly into the woods. The transformation from my human body to wolf still hurt and I winced a bit as I shifted but with each shift, the pain was lessening. My wolf wanted full control of her body but I knew if I did that she would stop and go back to Chance and I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't let him think he won this round or let him think it's okay to boss me around and act like he owns me. It's 2015, this shit doesn't happen anymore.

I felt a nip on my tail and I yelped, putting more effort into my run to put as much distance as I could between us. I ran as fast as I could go and I ran until I felt the burning sensation in my hind legs and my breathing started to become labored. If I wasn't so focused on getting away from Chance and was aware of my surroundings, I would've heard the wolf that lunged at me from in the trees and slammed into my side. We both tumbled a few times, the wolf pinning me to the ground once he got on top of me fully. I tried wiggling free but the unknown wolf snapped his teeth at me and brought his mouth to my neck. I had no fighting skills in wolf form but I didn know every man's weakness but most likely the same and I couldn't let this wolf bite me or kill me.