Chapter 32

{edited/rewritten}

hey, i was doing just fine before i met you

i drink too much and that's an issue

but i'm ok.

____

"What are you talking about?" I asked Hannah.

"It's the time when mates have a better chance at conceiving babies. It hurts and it burns but if your mate is touching you or if you're having a little fun, the pain dulls." Hannah gave me a smirk and I frowned. I still wasn't ready for that step in Chance and I's relationship. Was I ready to complete the mating process? After everything that has happened to me?

I just lost a baby. I was just raped, again. Could I let Chance see my body? Knowing it was tainted and ruined multiple the times? The scars and bruises that have scattered across my body like a road map. Was I ready?

He's not Carter

I howled in agony, "Have you been through this?"

Hannah nodded, "Once. It starts happening when you meet your mate it happens once a year. Ryan and I aren't ready for kids yet so we just let it pass me."

"Is Chance almost here? This hurts." It hurts, but I've been through worse so I know that I can handle this and deal with it.

"Yes, but we do have to start moving away from the unmated wolves. The smell of a she-wolf in heat is addicting and unmated wolves get over powered by it and their wolves end up taking over and doing something they don't want to do. They can take advantage of you and not even know they're doing it. Doesn't make it right, but it happens a lot in the werewolf community."

"I might pass out." I said, laying down in the grassy area I was sitting in.

Hannah shook her head and looked a little panicky. She started saying something to me but I couldn't understand what she was saying. The pain was beginning to numb my body and I felt my eyes slowly shut.

***

I awoke to the smell of sugar cookies and Chance. I knew I was in my bedroom since it always smelled of him and since I have a sugar cookie candle on my nightstand. My body was aching a bit but it wasn't as excruciating like before.

I looked around and saw my mom was sitting on the chair next to me. She was fast asleep. I tired sitting up but my body felt like jello. I felt like all the energy was drained from my body.

A few moments later, Simon walked into the bedroom, a smile on his face. "Sugar! You're awake, this is wonderful."

With Simon being so loud, my mom jerked awake with a confused expression on her face. "You're awake. I'm so happy. How are you feeling? Are you still in pain? It's been a few hours since you passed out."

Simon nodded. "Yes, Chance decided that the mating process was not happening during this heat cycle and we all agreed that you have been through so much. So, gave you a potion that helps numb the pain and speed up the process. You're not in heat anymore."

I smiled. "Thanks, Si."

My mom gave me a glass of water and I thanked her. "I'm going to go and find Chance, be right back."

My mom left the room, leaving me with Simon. I turned to him and he sat down on the edge of my bed. "I haven't seen you in a while."

Simon smirked. "Well us warlocks are quite busy, you know. I have a lot to do when it comes to this pack."