Chapter 29

{edited/rewritten}

i needed love but it's never the same

for i wanted more

you wanted more than me 

___

C H A N C E ' S    P O V 

It has been two weeks since my mom told me about the Wolffian. After I detoxed and got back onto the correct medication, I felt like shit. Granted, I was in control again of my wolf and I wasn't blacking out anymore. However, I remembered everything I did to Bailey. I'm the reason Carter has her right now. I'm the reason why she hates me and why we might never be the same again. I'm the reason why I might lose my mate forever.

"Have you picked up anything yet?" I asked, running a hand through my messy hair. I was getting frustrated and tired and my wolf was getting restless. I just want her back.

"We got something." Ryan said, a smile on his face when he burst into my office. My mom gave a small smile.

I stood from my chair and took the paper from Ryan, reading over everything. "What did you find? Is she hurt? Have you seen her? We need to leave right now."

Ryan sighed and sat down across from me. My mom left the room, giving us some privacy. "Calm down, man. One question at a time. We found out she is right across the river. She's literally been under our noses the entire fucking time. We saw some rouges lurking around the abandoned mines and so we followed them into the cave. It goes underground and we're pretty sure she is in there. Her scent is masked but I have a gut feeling about this."

My wolf was going crazy. He's been saying that there was wolfs-bane in her system which is why I can't sense her at all.

"Did you see anyone else there?"

Ryan shook his head. "No, but we don't know how many wolves are down there. There could be more than our pack."

I growled. "I will rip every one of the to shreds. Gather our best warriors and tracker. We're meeting at the south boarder by midnight, no late."

Ryan gave me a mock salute. "Yes, Alpha."

When Ryan left, shutting the door behind him, I smiled, feeling happy for the first time in weeks.

I'm coming, Bailey, no matter how much you might hate me, I'm going to save you.

***

"Alright, I want you ten to take the back entrance. You twenty follow me and the rest can follow Beta Ryan. Your only goal is to get the Luna back, kill anyone that gets in the way. If you find Jason or Carter, take them and keep them alive. I want to kill them myself. Are we clear?"

All of my men and women nodded. Once we were all ready, I signaled for everyone to go to their assigned positions and we moved out. We were taking the front entrance. There were two guards outside but I snapped their necks quickly and discarded their bodies to the side. The place was too quiet and not a wolf was in sight once we started walking further into the cave. I signaled for us to split up. I kept four wolves with me and we continued through the place, killing any rouges that got into our way. The moonlight shined through the top of the cave, being our only source of light. The full moon was high in the sky and I hope Bailey would be alright tonight.