Chapter 28

{edited/written} 

 if we wanna live young, love, we better start today

---

B A I L E Y ' S    P O V 

Pain was radiating throughout my entire body. It hurt to even blink. Carter claims to love me but he sure as hell didn't show it. If I don't respond to Carter fast enough, he hits me. If I don't please Carter like he wants me to, he cuts me. If I try talking to my wolf or Chance, I get knocked out and injected with more wolfs-bane. My wolf wasn't even healing me because I Can't feel her. For the past two weeks, I have been healing like a human again. I have dried blood all over me and bruises covering every inch of my skin. Carter only knows how to show love through pain.

When I woke up a few nights ago, Carter had tried cutting Chance's mark out of my skin but every time he went to bit over the mark, he was thrown away from my body. It caused me much more pain then he realized but seeing him get thrown away into the wall, made me happy. Carter is still confused on why this keeps happening. I know this doesn't happen to every wolf when marked by an Alpha. Could it be because I'm next in line to be the next Moon Goddess? Is this a sign of her trying to protect me?

"You're awake, good."

A voice shook me from my thoughts. I tried to turn my head but I didn't have the energy to endure anymore pain. Jason stood in front of me. He was holding a towel and a bowl of water with soap in it.

"What do you want?" I asked, my wrists aching from the chains that are around them tightly. I was chained to the bed, my arms above my head and my legs spread. There was only a thin sheet covering my naked body.

"I'm here to clean you up." I know I smiled, I could barely stand it myself. I smelled of sweat, blood, and urine.

"Why are you suddenly being nice?"

Jason smiled. "I'm only in here because of Carter. Getting you cleaned up pleases him greatly. He likes you clean during your mating time."

Jason walked over and tore the sheet from my body, leaving me naked and cold. He began rubbing the towel over my body, taking too long on my breasts. I tried not to show how uncomfortable I was. "Aside from Carter raping me, why else are you cleaning me?"

Jason kept scrubbing at the dried blood. He placed the towel back in the bowl and I watched the water turn a brown-red color. "It's not rape if you like it, Bailey, remember that. Carter wanted you dressed in pure white tonight. You need to be clean so you don't ruin it."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would I need to be wearing a dress?"

Jason stared at my hand and smiled. "You're getting initiated into the pack tonight."

What the fuck?

***

Getting initiated into Carter's pack means I am breaking all ties with Chance's pack and breaking the connection with them mentally. It would be a very painful process because it's not a consensual ceremony and I'm not released from Chance's pack.

"You look beautiful." Carter said, placing a wet kiss onto my lips. I was still in pain and it hurt to even walk. Carter has me dressed in a see-through dress, wearing nothing underneath it. He kept groping me whenever he had the chance.

"Thank you." I mumbled, trying not to throw up on Carter again. I wish you were Chance

Carters smiled and I looked down at the ground. What had I done to deserve this? Why was this happening to me? Where is Chance? Was he even looking for me? Did he want me back?

"Let's go." Carter said into my ear, dragging me to the stage that was in the middle of the place we were in. Carter had me stand right beside him, his arm around my should and his nails digging into my skin. "We are gathered here today to have my mate become a part of our pack. She will be your new Luna."

Jason came forward, a knife in his hand, and cut the palm of Carter's knife and then cut mine. Carter said a few works bout me dying for another pack member, bearing his heirs, and loving him forever. I agreed to all of it, just wanting someone to kill me already. Jason nodded and then turned to Carter and I. "You both can now clasp your hands together and hold your dripping blood over the fire so that she is now a part of our pack and gone from her old one forever."

As soon as Carter's hand touched mine, his bodywas thrown back and mine was sent into the air. My body was hunched over, ablue light emitting from it. Carter and the rest of the pack looked scared. Everythingwent black before I could see anything

______

wow

sorry no Chance. He will be in the next one.

Song: Not Today by Imagine Dragons