Chapter 5.5

{added/rewritten/edited}

this is a new chapter that i added to the story. it's short and doesn't really affect the plot in any way. i'm just adding something from right after when chance tells bailey he's a werewolf. i will soon add this to the end of chapter 5 or the beginning of chapter 6. 

***

I stood in front of Chance, my laugh becoming hysterical. "You're a what?"

Chance took a step toward me but I took another giant step back. He stopped trying to come closer to me when he realized that I was scared of him. "I'm a werewolf, Bailey."

I laughed again. I laughed so hard that my sides hurt and tears were forming in my eyes. "You expect me to believe this? Why do you need to lie about being in a gang or something? Werewolves aren't real, Chance. They are fairy-tales. Why do you find the need to lie? This isn't some made up tv show or book."

Chance sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm not lying to you. I wouldn't ever lie to you. You mean too much to me. Those books and tv shows are real, Bailey. Werewolves, witches and warlocks are all real."

Is he on drugs? He has to be high right now. He is absolutely insane. How could my family let me go out with him tonight? Were they not scared for my safety even after everything I had been through?

"Are you okay? Did you hit your head or something? Did you smoke something when I went to the bathroom? That stuff isn't real, Chance. I don't know you so of course you could lie to me. I don't mean anything to you because we just met a few days ago. Listen, Chance, dinner was really nice but I think I should be getting home now. I'll just walk home from here. It was nice meeting you but I don't think we should stay in contact."

I turned away from Chance, feeling like I was going to throw up or pass out. This was crazy. Of course I would like another crazy guy. Why does this always happen to me? "Bailey, just wait, please."

I ignored his pleas and kept walking, not once turning back because he's batshit crazy. I kept walking until I heard another growl. I felt goosebumps erupt all through my body. I stopped walking and slowly turned around. I didn't see Chance anywhere because all I saw was the jet black wolf from the woods.

I screamed so loud my throat hurt. Then when I realized I needed to get away from here, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. 

_____